Real Estate, Development Surveyor/Senior Surveyor, Planning & Development
Real Estate, Development Surveyor/Senior Surveyor, Planning & Development - Open to flexibility
Deloitte Real Estate
Deloitte Real Estate redefines the concept of a full-service real estate business, offering a breadth of capability and an innovative approach unequalled in the market.
Our team combines traditional property services with financial and business advisory expertise to deliver integrated solutions on the simplest assignment to the most complex. We apply a depth of insight drawn from our understanding of all industries and sectors to advise occupiers, lenders, investors and the public sector on every aspect of real estate in an increasingly complex world.
We are looking for a Surveyor/Senior Surveyor to join our team and be based at our London Campus with onsite gym, cycling facilities, GP, Dentist, health/ wellbeing centre and dedicated learning and development suite. Deloitte Real Estate is due to relocate to a new state of the art office building in 2017 and will benefit from the most up to date technology and flexible working environment.
We are a market leader in commercial property development consultancy services. Our development consultants have unrivalled experience in providing a comprehensive service to fit the landowners' or property developers' specific requirements - whether they be for advice on planning applications or guidance on overcoming specific problems related to property development. We provide both urban and rural property development consultancy and sustainable development consultancy is a cornerstone of our business.
You will be involved in major mixed-use development projects from conception through to delivery. Our current client base includes National and London based developers as well as major land owners from both the private and public sector. This is an opportunity to be involved in projects that are front and centre of the UK’s political and economic agenda.
- Candidates will have a track record of working in the development sector, a working knowledge of the pre-development process, and experience of working for or advising private and/or public sector clients on regeneration schemes.
- Candidates will have detailed knowledge of residual and cashflow development appraisals in addition to an ability to interpret strategies for development solutions and advise clients on the basis of an analytical as well as market based approach.
- Candidates will be expected to assist in formulating strategy, advising on feasibility and viability including inputting into masterplans and planning policy documents, marketing development opportunities, structuring partnerships between the public and private sector and ensuring that schemes are delivered on time.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for one or more projects at a time and will require strong project management and presentation skills, along with a flexible and organised approach to work.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work with and manage multidisciplinary teams across Deloitte including Tax, Corporate Finance, and Consulting among others.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to write clear and concise reports and provide quality strategic advice to clients.
- The successful candidate will be expected to support assistant directors and directors in the management of engagements including liaising with clients on fee budget and invoicing.
In return we offer a friendly, meritocratic professional working environment, excellent training and development opportunities and a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
- Ideally MRICS qualified with a minimum of 2 years PQE;
- Demonstrated and relevant track record of working in Development Consulting;
- Strong report writing skills
- Experience in building cash flow and financial models
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving orientation
- Personal motivation, organisation, enthusiasm and initiative
- Applicants with experience in the development sector including consulting, developer, land owner and investment fund background will be considered.
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our Work Agility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Please click Apply to continue.