Account Coordinator - Open to flexibility
Account Coordinator - FTC 6 months - Open to flexibility
Account coordinators interface regularly with engagement team members and external client personnel on large, complex multi-location engagements/accounts. Specific assigned activities may vary based on the needs of the engagement/client and team.
In this role, the AC is expected to make independent decisions, exercise sound judgment and discretion, and review or coordinate the work of others. Attention to detail, ownership of the entire process, coordination with geographically dispersed stakeholders and a driving personality is crucial to success in this role.
Owning and controlling financial matters related to one of the most significant accounts of the firm; ensuring that financial results are prepared, summarised and effectively communicated to relevant internal stakeholders, and taking a leading role in ensuring that matters such as the budget, invoicing and supporting analysis for fee negotiations are prepared accurately, and on a timely basis.
- Submit and log receipt of documents in accordance with instructions and deadlines;
- Standard Engagement Revenue (SER) vs. budget monitoring;
- Regular and accurate collation of Estimate to Complete (ETC) predictions from senior account teams;
- Identifying areas of potential overrun, alerting senior account team;
- Billing schedule creation and action;
- Engagement codes and preparation of Management Information to senior account teams;
- Estimated Realisation Percentage (ERP) accuracy and amendment where appropriate; and preparation of Management Information to BU.
- Monitor SER on projects running outside core audit, across service lines
- Credit control for the accounts
- Plan and book staff on Retain on timely basis for main audit and ad-hoc projects; coordinate ad-hoc resourcing requirements (clash identification and resolution etc)
- Ensure client care surveys are distributed as appropriate and the actions required are properly communicated to the account teams
- Set up meetings, write up minutes and monitor/follow up actions – both internal and external
- Coordinate and collate risk management deliverables for accounts
Client facing activities
- Seen by client as central contact for non-technical account management queries
- Coordinate, collate and distribute client deliverables
- Coordinate statutory accounts process where appropriate
- Build relationships with clients, proactively maintaining contact throughout the period of the audit
- Create and implement a communications strategy for accounts
- Organise and facilitate regular account team meetings
- Communicate relevant client information to account teams via regular Knowledge documents
- Manage knowledge submissions to Powerpacks
- Organise and facilitate annual team debriefs across service lines
- Coordinate a Relationship matrix for accounts
- Communicate requirements to account teams of client meetings and relationship building exercises
- Coordinate an Events diary for the accounts
- Work closely with senior team secretaries to regularly monitor Interaction for accuracy
- Introduce new people into the team – welcome pack, induction etc
- Build team through organising social events and being central point of contact
- Facilitate updating of people database to reflect those working on the account
- Participate in regular Financial Services and Business Unit peer group meetings and buddy with junior account controller
As part of “Vision 2020” EY are creating the highest performing teams. In order to qualify for this role, you must exhibit the following:
- Proven experience of project coordination. Planning, managing and prioritising work and complete projects on an accurate and timely basis
- High level of competency in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce reports and presentations for internal and external teams
- Proven experience of pro-actively managing upwards to ensure that project deliverables meet the agreed timetable
- Strong customer service focus and ability to anticipate team / client requirements
- Strong numerical, analytical and attention to detail skills
- Proven experience of delivering owning and delivering projects on own initiative
In addition to a competitive benefits package you will be rewarded with
- A diverse environment that champions inclusivity and is fully supportive of flexible working
- Opportunities to develop your project coordination skills working with a range of stakeholders
- Opportunities to develop your potential playing a key role with some of our most high profile clients
Please click Apply to continue.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.