Management Accountant - Open to part-time
Management Accountant - Open to part-time
Hours: Full time/Part time considered (min 3 days/wk)
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum pro rata (+2% pension contribution)
Reports to Chief Executive
Line management of Finance Officer
We are looking for a newly qualified Management Accountant to oversee the daily financial operations of Trident Business Centre (TBC) and Business Launchpad (BLP).
TBC is a mixed use community focused business centre which lets spaces to start-ups and established businesses including SME’s and larger organisations. TBC operates as a social enterprise which generates income to support BLP which is a charitable organisation providing free support and leadership programme for budding young entrepreneurs. As a social enterprise we are committed to operating a successful business centre which provides the main source of revenue for our charitable work.
As such, you will be committed to helping us achieve this aim through diligent financial operations which includes oversight of monthly invoicing to tenants and liaising with an extensive list of suppliers who assist in the maintenance of TBC. You will have responsibility for the financial systems, payments and controls operated across the charity and company.
Key to your success in this role will be your ability to identify and implement continuous process improvements. You will be a values driven individual, who will provide monthly updates to the Chief Executive as to the financial performance of each business and will provide support on basic financial tasks and will assist with the end of year audit processes and budget preparation. You will also be an avid team player who will be involved in the training and development of our small team; providing support and guidance to all non-finance colleagues on all financial matters. TBC is a very flexible organisation and is therefore willing to carefully consider the individual’s availability to fit into the organisation’s needs.
- Assist in preparation of month end management accounts
- Accuracy and integrity of the Group accounting records and financial systems including Intercompany transfers and loans.
- Supporting the Finance Officer in Bank Recs and Monthly Invoices.
- Production of annual, half-yearly, quarterly and monthly Management Reports for internal and external use (Trial Balance, Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets & Cash Flow).
- Business Rates schedules.
- Maintenance of aged debtor and aged creditor analysis
- Communicating with suppliers and tenants.
- Supervising the monthly cash call process by Direct Debit collection.
- Control of bank accounts, monthly cash flow projections and cash management.
- Preparing monthly performance analyses, rolling cash flow statement and other reports for the Board of Trustees and Directors.
- Assisting with audit and year end processes
- Stand in for Finance Officer when necessary
- Preparation and/or reconciliation of the VAT return.
- Assist with preparation of fundraising applications and reporting
- Review and maintenance of internal control procedures
- Processing payroll via Payroll Bureau, attending to payroll queries and submitting PAYE and NIS to HMRC
- Other Ad hoc duties
- Newly Qualified Management Accountant ACCA/CIMA (QBE or part qualified candidates will also be considered)
- A good working knowledge of Sage Line 50
- Proficiency in the use of Excel (minimum: Intermediate – v-lookups and Pivot tables)
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet & Cashflow plus commentary)
- Experience of preparing Statutory accounts
- The ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Payroll experience
- A desire to work within the Social Enterprise
- An analytical mind and natural curiosity to learn
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexible and can readily adapt to changing priorities.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with non-finance personnel at all levels.
- Commercial Acumen
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter stating why you have applied for this role and what you can bring to this post.
Interviews to be arranged ASAP
Trident Business Centre is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.