Fundraising Manager (Freelance) - homeworking
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to truly shape the fundraising strategy and campaigns at a crucial time in the growth of ASN.
The vast majority of ASN's funding comes from the generosity of individual donors, either via regular donations or in response to digital campaigns. The contract holder will be responsible for the inception, design, implementation, and evaluation of these campaigns within our three-year organisational strategy. Support and mentoring will be provided by ASN's director, and its trustees with fundraising specialisms.
ASN has also identified Major Donor fundraising as a key opportunity for growth and development. The contract holder will be given the opportunity to design the strategy for as well as grow this part of ASN's portfolio, with support from two Major Donor specialists.
Both activities are supported by volunteers, as are ASN's other income streams, and the contract holder would be expected to support between 3 and 5 volunteers working on Individual Giving or Major Donor programmes.
The contract holder will be expected to:
- Plan and manage fundraising campaigns and appeals (mainly digital with some direct mail possible), including strategy and writing of marketing copy
- Develop and implement strategy for the creation and expansion of a Major Donor programme
- Liaise with the director, board-level fundraising sub-committee, and bookkeeper on fundraising income, comms, and campaigns
- Evaluate performance of campaigns, as well as tracking data on retention and attrition of supporters.
Experience, knowledge and skills:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (E)
- 3-5 years minimum experience working within Individual Giving fundraising, preferably within Digital Marketing (E)
- Experience of (D) or interest in and understanding of (E) Major Donor fundraising
- Experience of Volunteer Management (E)
- Experience of financial record keeping and working to budgets (E)
- Strong understanding of user journeys and best practice in digital marketing and engagement (E)
- Experience of CRMs (E), particularly Donorfy (D)
- Experience of MailChimp (D)
- Must be pro-choice (E)
- Self-starter; able to work independently (E)
- Creative thinker; able to respond quickly to external events (E)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) (E)
The contract holder will be contracted on a self-employed basis and take responsibility for their own tax affairs, superannuation and national insurance.
Applications consisting of a short CV and covering letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) should be submitted by midnight on Monday 31st October.
Interviews will be held on 15th and 18th November.
We help people from Ireland and Northern Ireland travel to England to access a safe and legal abortion
Abortion Support Network provides financial assistance and accommodation to women* travelling from the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man. Funding is available on a case by case basis depending on financial need and availability of funding.
We also provide confidential, non-judgmental information to anyone who contacts us via phone or email who is seeking information about travelling to England for an abortion, as well as information about reputable providers of early medical abortion pills by post.
A grassroots charity from the outset, ASN was, for much of its history, run entirely by a dedicated group of volunteers from across the UK. Its first staff post, of Director, was created in 2014 in response to expansion in client demand. ASN is now looking to contract a Fundraising Manager to work with the director on increasing income generation in line with rising client need and the charity's overall strategy.
* ASN does not ask clients their gender, nor does gender identity influence grant eligibility.
Apply for Fundraising Manager (Freelance) - homeworking
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly