School Cook, part time, 30 hours per week
Required from November 2016
Salary: Competitive salary
Hours: Part-time post working term time only, 30 hours per week Monday-Friday, 7.30am – 2.00 pm
We require a School Cook based in our Junior School to start in November 2016 and are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual who has a passion for good food. The ideal candidate will hold a recognised catering qualification or have equivalent experience and an understanding of food hygiene and kitchen health and safety.
- Responsible for all aspects of the smooth running of the catering facility at the school
- Produce high quality hot meals, desserts and drinks for pupils and staff
- Follow meal plans and recipes (including any special dietary requirements), whilst keeping within budget.
- Assist the Catering Manager to prepare school meal menus ensuring that food prepared is nutritional and varied and to a high standard
- Be knowledgeable about the food and beverages we serve especially in connection with common allergens; ensuring any waste is minimised
- Responsible for ensuring all health and safety procedures are carried out
- Delivering a first class service
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Proven experience working in a school catering environment
- Excellent people skills
- Passionate about food and customer service
- Superb culinary skills
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- A 'can do' attitude.
How to Apply
Please click on Apply to submit your CV along with your covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role.
King’s House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service and references from previous employers. Staff must be aware of the systems within the School which support safeguarding and must act in accordance with the School’s Safeguarding & Child Protection policy and Code of Conduct. Staff will receive appropriate child protection training which is regularly updated.