Support Worker, part time 18 hrs/wk
To attend to service users personal care and hygiene needs sensitively e.g. washing, dressing, continence and maintain an environment that facilitates independence, individuality and dignity. The arrangement of activities both inside and outside the services to meet individual and group needs.
To provide general day to day support and promote service user autonomy assisting with financial, domestic and daily living tasks as necessary. To accompany service users on journeys for medical treatment, shopping trips and social activities etc. as appropriate.
To assist in the preparation and cooking of a balanced, healthy and appropriate diet, including helping service users to shop and prepare meals and drinks, directly assisting where necessary.
- Willingness to undertake job related training as required.
- Effective communication skills.
- Sufficient to engage with service users, colleagues and external partners.
- The ability to write clear and concise written records.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a part of a team.
This post is the subject of a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity. Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.