Content Manager - Open to Flexibility
Significant experience in communications or marketing roles and producing content for internal and external audiences through digital channels.
Knowledge of internal and external digital channels and how they can be leveraged to deliver content strategy
Significant experience in creation of content strategy and executional calendars for global, corporate activity
First class writing, editing and visual storytelling skills for digital
Ability to create on brand and high quality visual content (eg. Photography, Twitter cards) and or moving image for use on social media channels
Experience managing corporate social media channels and presence
Understanding of the power of imagery and video for digital storytelling and working knowledge of the process for creating this kind of content.
Knowledge and experience of applying digital insights to set targets for and constantly improve content and campaigns
Significant progress has been made over the last 18 months to build expertise in digital communications across CGA and better co-ordinate and leverage internal and external digital activity.
This is helping deliver the CGA strategy through better listening & analysis and more impactful engagement with external and internal audiences to tell the GSK story through digital channels and content.
This role will build on this work and is crucial to achieve the ambitions GSK has for delivering excellence in corporate digital communications.
Working with the Director, Global Content Strategy & Editorial and subject matter experts (SMES), this role will help create a strategically aligned, focused and highly compelling digital content calendar for CGA. It will then work closely with partner SMEs to create compelling digital content campaigns for internal and external audiences which deliver on this calendar.
* Partner with designated business units to create a strategically aligned and impactful digital content calendar for their area of responsibility
* Partner with SMEs to create digital content campaigns which deliver their strategic objectives with maximum impact and across all target audiences, internal and external
* Feedback, edit and create written, visual and moving image content to feed into these campaigns
* Joint ownership of GSK’s corporate social media channels (in partnership with the other content manager role.) Take overall responsibility for delivering the GSK narrative in the most impactful way through these channels and ensure GSK is a leader in this rapidly evolving field.
* Ensure quality, consistency and engagement of digital content from designated partners and within GSK’s social media channels
* Some creation of visual and moving image content to support social media campaigns
* Co-leading the regional content hub for Europe & Africa and as such, driving the development of local market content across the region
* Co-leading GSK’s ‘always on’ paid digital media strategy, in particular the implementation of paid social media activity to boost organic posts
* Aiding the development of all CGA communicators in the field of content and social media (as part of digital as a strategic capability for CGA)
* Work with Director, Insights & User-Experience and team to ensure all content within their remit is user-driven, takes account of best practise and continually improves engagement levels
* Work with Insights and User-Experience team to set and track targets and benchmarks for all channels, content areas and campaigns within it’s remit
* Work with Director, Global Digital Channels and team to ensure all content is optimised for the channel environment and vice-versa
* Establish and maintain a network of peers and understanding of external best practise
The role will be accountable to the Director, Global Content Strategy & Editorial and leaders within the External Market Communications Leadership team and Internal Communications Leadership team for the effective delivery of internal and external digital content within it’s remit.
Through the content and channels it manages the role will be accountable for driving GSK’s reputation, increasing both the reach with GSK’s audiences and their engagement with GSK’s narrative.
The role holder will need to be able to understand and translate into effective digital communications the GSK narrative and story, in particular their partner functions, aligned to CET priorities and strategy.
The role is also global in scope and there is a need to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including a need to work seamlessly with regional digital teams in US and Singapore
Through the joint ownership of GSK’s social media channels, this role is accountable for the impact of GSK content on a direct audience of >1m who follow GSK on global channels
There is a need to think and make decisions at a strategic level while also ensuring delivery of required work. In addition, the ability to influence and advise partners across CGA, fostering both new ideas and prioritised efforts to maximize the effectiveness of content campaigns where the role holder does not have absolute responsibility for the output.
The individual will need to be able to prioritise content to feature on the GSK social media channels and effectively communicate this decision making process, even when stakeholders may disagree and be disappointed.
The ability to prioritise which new social media technologies and developments to use and which to leave to drive greatest impact on the CGA strategy is crucial in an environment which is constantly evolving.
Calmness under pressure and ability to working in a dynamic environment is a crucial in the fast paced digital environment.
The majority of our employees and more than 1.5m people externally interact with GSK content on a weekly basis through digital channels. As such, our external and internal digital content has a huge impact on our reputation as a business and with our employees.
This role is crucial in ensuring we effectively manage GSK’s reputation with key internal and external stakeholders through it’s partnership with business units and the management of GSK’s social media channels
Along with line manager and CGALT members effectively manage a content budget.
The role holder will need to be adept at influencing stakeholders at all levels in the business and across functions, including outside CGA. They will also be expected to have (or develop) a network of peers across related fields and will be expected to represent GSK at appropriate conferences / events etc.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 20th October 2016
Please save a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact email@example.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.