Finance and Office Manager - Part-time 3 days/wk
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Finance and Office Manager - Part-time 3 days/wk
Salary: £27k-£33k pro rata
Terms: Initial 12 month contract, three days per week – flexible working options are available
Location: Central London (Barbican)
Ideal start date: ASAP
Holidays: 25 days/annum pro rata
It is a condition of employment that a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
Who we are and what we do
The Shakespeare Schools Foundation (SSF) is a cultural education charity working across the UK. Every year we help over 30,000 young people to develop vital life skills of self-confidence, collaboration and articulacy. Months of preparation culminate in exhilarating performance evenings; young people playing Shakespeare in professional theatres - hundreds of nights across the country, every autumn.
Through working with SSF, exam grades, literacy and cultural horizons grow. Participants believe they can and will achieve more in life. We use the unique power of Shakespeare to transform lives.
Organisation and culture
We currently have 27 permanent employees, supported by freelance staff in peak times. SSF is organised into three main sections with teams as follows:
Finance & Support: includes Finance, IT, HR, CRM and admin.
Festival & Creative:
Festival: recruits returning schools, host theatres and temporary delivery staff, support schools and theatres, manage festival operations.
Creative: develop workshops and resources, ensure high quality of creative content.
Income Generation & Communications:
Income Generation: funding applications, raise corporate and individual donations, fundraising and cultivation events.
Communications: sell SSF products, market our events and outputs, promote SSF, raise our profile and build our networks.
Our culture is creative, energetic, friendly and ambitious.
Where do you fit in?
This role fits within the Finance & Support team. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will provide crucial financial, human resources and administrative support across the organisation with responsibility for ensuring these systems run smoothly, efficiently and effectively. You will line manage a Finance Officer. SSF will shortly be taking on an external provider to manage its HR and Health & Safety procedures; you will be the organisation’s main point of contact for this organisation and therefore act as the administrative hub for this work.
- Overseeing contractual and settlement procedures and negotiations for our network of theatres
- Reviewing contracts with customers and suppliers
- Contract management of key partnerships
- Responsibility for administering Gift Aid
- Drafting budgets for and administering funding applications
- Payroll administration
- Overseeing responsibility for credit control
Point person for our external HR provider, liaising with them the range of HR matters, including:
- Recruitment procedures, including advertising, interviews, contracts, induction & DBS disclosure procedures
- Managing staff appraisal and performance systems
- Managing holidays and staff absence
- Staff handbook
- Maintaining policies and procedure, ensuring transparency and compliance eg. child protection, financial controls
- Overseeing the Systems Officer in the monitoring and maintenance of the charity’s IT systems
- Liaising with the Chief Executive who holds ultimate responsibility for HR and Health and Safety matters
- To oversee the smooth running of the SSF office, including
- Oversee office maintenance & administration
- Manage of the relationship with sub-tenants, including recharges
- Responsibility for health and safety procedures and personnel (working to external provider)
- Line managed by Finance Director
- Works closely with Finance Officer, CEO, Systems Officer and Assistants
- Point person for our external HR and Health and Safety provider
- Suppliers and customers of SSF
Profile of our ideal candidate
- Love working with other people, and have a friendly, approachable manner with strong communication skills
- Are an excellent team player, able to create relationships at all levels of an organisation
- Are exceptionally well-organised with methodical attention to detail
- Are a self-starter, happy to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Like to see things running smoothly and efficiently
- Enjoy owning projects and creating new systems
- Have a creative mind and are flexible and adaptable
- Have a proactive approach to your work and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Have a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Are calm and work well under pressure
- Qualified accountant OR relevant experience in a managerial capacity in a finance function
- Knowledge of SAGE or similar accounting system
- Experience in contract management
- Experience in HR, potentially with qualifications
- Experience in managing key stakeholder relationships
- Strong experience in administration, including
- Monitoring and reporting experience, preferably at a senior level
- Experience of the charitable, arts or education sector
To apply: Please send a CV and cover letter detailing your suitability for this role, via the below.
Recruitment will be via an initial phone conversation, followed by an interview.
Apply for Finance and Office Manager - Part-time 3 days/wk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly