Kitchen Preparation Wizard, part time, min. 20 hours per week
Kitchen Preparation Wizard
The Michel Roux Jr Cookery School at Cactus Kitchens is an award-winning cookery school located in a beautifully renovated old chapel. Tucked away off Clapham’s High Street we are based in the same building where Saturday Kitchen Live is filmed each week. Our school won Food and Travel Magazine’s Readers Award for Cookery School of the Year in September 2016. We offer a variety of unique premium cookery experiences and a stylish, but relaxed venue for corporate cooking days and product launches.
We are now looking for a Kitchen Preparation Wizard to become part of our friendly, fun and hard-working team. The ideal candidate will be detail focused, highly organised and have a passion for good food.
Hours: Minimum guarantee of 20 hours per week – approximately 4 hours per day but will vary depending on preparation required for each event and number of events running per week.
Flexibility: The number of days worked per week will vary.
Location: The Michel Roux Jr Cookery School at Cactus Kitchens, 1 St Luke’s Avenue, London, SW4 7LG
Salary: £11 per hour (negotiable depending upon experience)
Type of role: Permanent
- Responsible for general kitchen hygiene including daily emptying of bins and weekly cleaning of fridges, store cupboards, recycling etc.
- Awareness of Health & Safety best practices with regards to maintaining excellent hygiene standards in the kitchens
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and presentation in prep and service kitchens. Daily housekeeping to include clean & tidy sinks and cupboards, clean, tidy & orderly work and open surfaces (to include window sill and sideboard) and swept floors in the service & prep kitchens.
- Upkeep of and ensuring clean and working prep kitchen equipment, e.g. KitchenAid, electric hobs etc.
- Weighing up and preparing ingredients to exact requirement as specified for cooking sessions
- Purchasing ingredients from local shops or markets as and when required
- Checking over & signing off food deliveries from suppliers and alerting PHE and supplier to any issues & moving deliveries to designated areas
- Preparing chef lunches during events.
- Re-heating soups and plating light lunches, canapes etc. for guests / events as and when required
- Stock monitoring of store cupboard essentials and preparation equipment. Liaise with Head of Finance regarding reordering
- Responsible for taking Instagram worth images of prep ingredients and dishes and uploading with descriptions to Dropbox.
- Sorting, folding, ironing and maintaining freshly laundered napkins, staff aprons, tea towels and oven gloves.
- From time to time you may also assist the whole team with any general administrative and guest relations duties.
Please click on Apply to submit a one page CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like this role.