Senior Manager, Restructuring (Midlands & South) - Open to flexibility
Senior Manager, Restructuring (Midlands & South) - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG Midlands & South Restructuring team are looking for a Senior Manager to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to under-performing, stressed and distressed businesses, ranging advising profitable businesses on enhancing value through to advising companies in stress and distress.
The corporate team where the vacancies exist is made up of approximately 60 people, led by a team of three partners and a six directors, who are looking to bolster the team following a period of substantial activity and growth in certain areas of the business.
The team delivers a blend of company side advisory and stakeholder / lender side advisory work. Work also extends to formal insolvency, but the current opportunity is focused on identifying and delivering advisory projects. The work services a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of under-performance, stress or distress.
The region covered by the team extends across the East and West Midlands and into the South West from the Thames Valley across to Devon & Cornwall, including South Wales.
The team is not fully aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants, with Senior Managers expected to develop particular focus to aid business development. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and client demand.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager to join the team in a new role in our Reading office. This new opportunity is to support one of the Directors in the business in developing our business in the Thames Valley and offers an exciting opportunity to mix business development skills with potential for overseeing delivery. There is scope to be a key part of a growing team as this area of Restructuring develops.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
To be an effective Senior Manager within the Midlands & South team and in this role specifically you will undertake the following:
- Work principally with our Reading Director on the business development proposition, including development of proposals and client sales presentations, client targeting, liaising with internal stakeholders to identify targets and seek to arrange meetings with clients.
- Building an external profile, especially with local corporates, bankers and lawyers.
- Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues / challenges faced by businesses in your specialism areas
- Potential to then act as day to day lead for delivery of client advisory projects, taking the role of a key contact on engagements
As the team develops, the following key skills of a Midlands & South Senior Manager may also become appropriate:
- Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including solicitors and contacts at Banks and other lenders)
- Manage teams of colleagues working on the engagement, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple work stream delivery
- Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices
- Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
- Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances
- Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input
- Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
- Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback
- Identify opportunities for the wider firm
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Accountancy qualification (ACA or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience in leading work streams within stressed / complex situations or a Restructuring environment
- Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’
- Knowledge of Restructuring’s full service taxonomy and how these services can be offered to our clients
- Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including lenders, shareholders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders
- Strong commercial and business acumen, with evidence of experience
- Desire to build on existing skillsets and develop additional knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.
Please click Apply to continue.