Part-time Finance Manager
Part-time Finance Manager
The past two decades has seen the transformation of cafes and bakery sectors into a coffee led culture. Our client's retail outlets reflect this modern culture and have kept up with the pace whilst remaining true to their roots. They are bakery with history, their offer of exquisite products remains at the centre of the business and it is what makes them unique. Their vision for the next five years focuses on their gold star baker status and the employees who make it happen.
Our client's next stage of growth will add a support framework around the existing team. The first addition will be a part-time Finance Manager, a peer to the MD, a person to create and own the financial strategy of the business. To begin, this will be an employed, part-time role for the right person to:
- create a financial strategy in line with the company vision
- ensure the smooth running of accurate financial reporting processes
- ensure regulatory compliance
- ensure appropriate levels of financial controls are exerted throughout the business
- set financial KPIs
- improve the financial health of the business, monitor the performance with KPIs
The part-time Finance Manager will lead and mentor a small and dedicated finance and operations team, one of whom will be their direct report. This team is responsible for 6 retail outlets, online sales and two production units. Previous experience in retail or catering will be beneficial but is not required. Our client has a long history and attributes their success to never losing their entrepreneurial spirit. A Finance Manager with a similar outlook, interest in London life and culture and a dedication to the longer vision of the company would be a compliment to the current team. This role would suit an experienced, London living, finance manager who may be returning to work from a career break or is seeking to step back from a full-time role but is keen to remain a contributor and work part-time.
- proven financial knowledge of an SME environment
- confident in their ability to create and implement financial strategy
- strong knowledge of financial process and systems, SaaS/IT
- experienced manager skilled at leading through mentorship
- a natural communicator
This role is flexible, approximately three days across the working week with some opportunity to work remotely. This is a permanent position and independent consultants or applicants seeking to fulfil the role on a short-term, day-rate or project basis will not be considered. Our client seeks someone of permanence, to be there to share in the success when the vision is achieved.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for this role, via the below method.