Real Estate Tax Manager - Open to flexibility
Real Estate Tax Manager - Open to flexibility
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
Working in the Corporate Tax department at KPMG will give you the opportunity to develop relationships with clients as you help manage the amount of corporation tax they need to pay. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning and restructuring projects.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The KPMG Real Estate, Infrastructure and Investment Management Group is part of the wider KPMG Financial Services Tax Group and focuses specifically on providing tax advisory and compliance services to UK and international property & infrastructure investors and fund managers. We also work alongside our clients and our colleagues in Transaction Services on transactions, providing tax structuring and tax due diligence services. The investors in funds are typically multi-national, as are many of the targets. Therefore the projects frequently require us to work with colleagues from our global KPMG tax network.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to broaden their knowledge of the real estate, infrastructure and investment management industries, common fund structures, and the way different entities in these structures are taxed; increasing his/her experience of corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax, VAT, stamp duty and overseas tax regimes while developing relationships in a specialist business area.
This is an exciting time to be part of the KPMG Real Estate, Infrastructure and Investment Management Group. Market activity is increasing as confidence in the sector rises, and with growth targets of 20%+ over the next financial year, we are looking for excellent candidates with a proven track record who are seeking a dynamic and challenging working environment.
The role involves a mix of compliance and advisory services. This may include:
- Providing tax structuring, tax due diligence and restructuring advice on a wide range of transactions
- Carrying out detailed technical research
- Being the first point of contact for many clients
- Co-ordinating the advice provided by other overseas KPMG teams and other tax skillsets
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality compliance and reporting services for a portfolio of clients
- Working closely with colleagues in Transaction Services
- Developing client relationships with fund management houses, TS and overseas teams
- Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
- Being involved in business development and proposal activity
- Ensuring all risk procedures are adhered to
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- A good knowledge of UK corporate tax and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas. M&A tax and/or international tax experience would be an advantage but is not a requirement
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to work as part of a team in a transaction based environment
- Strong task management skills
- Ability to build client relationships
- Good computational and excel skills
- Good technology skills - experience of Digita and/or Alphatax would be helpful but not essential
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.
Please click Apply to continue.