Senior Manager, Global People Technology - Talent - Open to Flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Job Description: Senior Manager, Global People Technology - Talent
Technology costs account for well over half of the Global PPC budget; technology projects underpin virtually every PPC programme, across Talent, Learning, Performance Development, Recruitment and Engagement.
We are responsible for designing, implementing and operating globally based technology solutions for the firm. Examples of these are: MyPD, Applicant Tracking (Kenexa), Global LMS, Global Mobility Avature and most recently the Global HCM.
A vacancy exists for an experienced Senior Manager to lead of our global talent and resourcing technology agenda.
The Senior Manager, Global People Technology will be a key member of the People Technology team and will have responsibility for managing the development and deployment of KPMG’s Talent technology, including our applicant tracking system, candidate relationship management system and global mobility management system. Additionally, the role will be key to aligning these technologies to KPMG’s new Global Succesfactors Human Capital Management (HCM) system and ensuring that in turn is aligned to the Firm’s talent agenda.
The role will require extensive relationship management and collaboration with the wider business, the People Function, Recruitment, Global Mobility and ITS leadership across KPMG globally to ensure all requirements and business needs are continually addressed.
The role will be responsible for the management of external relationships with technology providers.
This is a very challenging role, requiring exceptional and proven technical, relationship management and organisational skills and a clear desire and motivation to deliver world class processes through technology.
- Championing people technology throughout KPMG.
- Leading GM and recruitment technology projects including selection and management of teams of internal resources and external vendors to ensure initiatives are completed on time and on budget and meet business needs.
- Fully understand the commercial imperatives and business needs of the firm and foster business relationships wiith stakeholders and clients to cultivate trust and ensure GM and recruitment technology aligns with an evolving global strategy.
- Develop strong working relationships with members of the PPC and the wider people community, ITS, Risk and the firm generally to ensure GM and recruitment system development remain aligned with and responsive to emerging requirements across KPMG.
- Maximise the potential of the firm’s investment in technology, exploiting what has already been achieved, for example with Kenexa and Link Enterprise, and influencing future investment decisions to deliver an efficient, cost effective, value added capability across the wider firm.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of current industry trends in GM and recruitment technology and to identify areas in which technology can be used more effectively.
- Establish relationships with external organisations to explore best practice models, examine parameters of work and quantitative measures to measure performance
- Actively contribute to the global people agenda.
- Act as an ambassador for the Global People Technology team in relation to performance and reward technology matters to promote the sharing of best practices across the KPMG network
Skills and Experience
- Substantial recruitment and associated systems experience
- Proven track record in managing and implementing recruitment/resourcing/talent systems and other people related systems with a global scope.
- Proven influencer at a senior level with the ability to enthuse others in support of the PPC technology vision
- A thorough working knowledge at least one of the people technology platforms in use in KPMG globally today, with an in depth understanding of GM and recruitment systems infrastructures and a proven ability to stay up to date with evolving trends and thought leadership.
- Degree level preferred and project management accreditation.
- Proven relationship management expertise and the ability to manage diverse and demanding internal clients
- Proven capability to translate business strategy into people system implementations, with a strong focus on delivery and ensuring projects are well managed
- Innovative thinker with the ability to identify and drive the implementation of solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with evidence of this at a senior level.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.