Reservoir Engineer - Upstream Oil & Gas - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Our Oil and Gas practice comprises approximately 300 people across the UK, organised to align to KPMG’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle, and help them deal with their most challenging issues.
The role will have a significant transactions focus and will involve working closely with the Deal Advisory team advising large corporate clients working predominantly on due diligence projects across buy side, sell side, IPOs and refinancing projects.
The role works closely with colleagues across KPMG, including Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions, refinancing’s and restructurings in the oil and gas sector we are expanding the size of our team and have a need to recruit additional technical support in order support the growth of our oil and gas business.
Specific experience of working in a commercial environment previously is not required.
Key roles and responsibility
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Technical competence: individuals will need to be able to comment on the reasonableness of technical assumptions for various types of E&P projects, for purposes such as; transaction due diligence, debt refinancing, capital restructuring, corporate finance valuations. Individuals will also need to provide input into the External Audit process for E&P clients by commenting on specific reserves issues and reserves reporting governance.
- Project management: individuals will be responsible for the delivery of client facing projects, at times being the main day to day point of contact for senior client contacts.
- Team work: individuals will be key team members on large complex assignments and may lead work multidisciplinary streams on smaller and medium size engagements.
- Building relationships: individuals will be required to build and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm.
- Business development: individuals will be required to build, commercialise and sustain relationships with top management team members for the benefit of the Firm. Individuals will be required to develop upstream propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients in the ENR sector. The successful candidate will be expected to be comfortable in talking asset opportunities to clients and regularly input into horizon scanning activities.
- Developing people: individuals will need to demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. They will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the development of others.
- Delivering quality service and time management: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). They will need to be able to manage their own time, plan and organise work tasks, monitor progress and meet deadlines. Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
- Advisory skills: Individuals will provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client. Risk management: individuals will be required to identify and manage risks and ensure the Firm's frameworks are implemented.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong academic background with subsurface qualifications (such as in Reservoir Engineering)
- Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong personal impact
- Ability to perform consistently at a high level under pressure
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.