Manager – Trader Surveillance - Tech Risk Consulting - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Working within KPMG's Data Insight Services (DIS) team, this new role requires a combination of experience working with trader data (from trade to communications data) within financial services, with strong project management, consulting and business development skills.
The DIS team works within KPMG’s Risk Consulting practice to identify regulatory and compliance risks through a range of data sources using innovative forensic and data analytics processes. The role would focus on utilising trader data to develop, and consult on, surveillance solutions in the financial sector.
The successful candidate will be required to combine client delivery and technical data knowledge with regulatory and compliance expertise in the financial sector. They will be comfortable leading project teams, delivering engagements and advising senior clients on trader surveillance issues, whilst helping build new business.
- Understanding of the key client issues and providing leadership to technical data delivery teams.
- Consulting and Project Delivery: leading projects and advising clients, responsible for the delivery of client facing projects, and the main day to day point of contact for senior client contacts.
- Deliverables: overseeing and creating high quality outputs for clients in the form of presentations, slideware and written reports as well as developing new and innovative consulting offerings.
- Engagement Management: leading multiple large, complex work streams in rapidly changing, high pressure environments.
- Building Relationships: building and sustaining relationships with clients and internally within KPMG.
- Developing Others: giving clear direction, constructive feedback and coaching of colleagues.
- Risk Management: identifying and managing risks, ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of business consulting, data analysis and the Financial Services industry.
- An understanding of existing communications technologies, including common platforms, issues and best practices.
- Strong awareness of existing trader surveillance practices within the financial sector, including technologies used, typical client challenges, best practices and common market standards.
- An understanding of the key regulatory and compliance risks faced by banks and the role trader surveillance can play in their mitigation.
- Demonstrably strong presentation and written skills with clear technical articulation and advisory manner.
- Strong understanding of Project Management disciplines and experience in their application.
Experience and Background
The ideal candidate will have a strong consulting background with extensive experience in trader surveillance, with knowledge of current technologies and issues in the financial sector. They will have experience running multiple projects and large Work streams in this area with very strong written, presentation and communication skills.
Other key areas include:
- Ability to identify and grow business opportunities.
- Creating and delivering client presentations.
- Experience working with multiple front office functions of an investment bank.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.