IT Service Specialist - Open to flexibility
IT Service Specialist - Open to flexibility
- Degree in computer science or related field is desirable although relevant experience is equally valuable
- Knowledge of GSK and ITIL Support Processes: ITIL Foundation Level Certification + ITIL Service Operations + 1 to 2 additional classes towards ITIL expert certification completed.
- Experience of application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Knowledge and experience of supporting Documentum and/or electronic document management systems (eDMS’)
- Knowledge and experience supporting GxP and Sarbanes Oxley regulated applications
- Experience working in a global context, skilled at problem solving and communication with stakeholders at all levels and extensive interpersonal skills
This role is accountable for the performance, operations and continuous improvement of a group of applications within a domain and manages the full lifecycle of each application from inception to decommission. An on-going commitment to improve the user experience, maintain operational performance and balance risk is required for each application. The role requires adherence to ITIL processes adopted by GSK IT, a good knowledge of business processes, an appreciation of the user base (roles, geography) and an understanding of the technical solutions implemented in the business area
- Proactively manages the lifecycle of all applications from inception to decommissioning (eg. ensuring upgrades are scheduled, infrastructure changes are managed, evolving business needs are accommodated, and resources managed) to meet required business outcomes
- Manages stakeholders to ensure optimal management of applications and obtain full buy-in for the Lifecycle plan
- Ensures continuity of business execution:
- Ensures all applications are fit for purpose (eg easy to use and reliable) and support the evolving business processes
- Ensures first (within boundaries of EIS provision), second and third level user support is efficient and effective.
- Ensures applications meet an agreed Risk Profile (eg aging of technologies, appropriate validation in place, aligned with business continuity)
- Maintains performance monitoring for all applications
- Organises and manages problem resolution to restore service, including the creation of appropriate, practical and creative workarounds.
- Maintains and tests IT continuity plans as appropriate
- Maintains and manages accountability for all required documentation and reporting for applications to ensure knowledge is easily accessible for the effective management of the applications and for relevant audits/inspections.
- Leads and champions continuous improvements that enhance end-user productivity, reduce risk and/or lower the cost of ownership of the overall business process/service
- Identifies, champions and leads the implementation of change controls as dictated by continuous improvement and the application lifecycle plan, maintaining the integrity of the application through the changes.
- Provides support for audits and inspections relating to applications.
- Ensures agreed transition processes and schedules are followed to ensure successful introduction of new services or versions of existing services.
Closing date for applications: 8th January.
Please click Apply to continue.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.