Senior Service Design Lead - Open to flexibility
At Lloyds Banking Group our vision is to be the best bank for our customers. By putting customers first, keeping banking simple and making a difference together, we'll help Britain prosper. A core part of our digital strategy and a key strategic priority for the Group is transforming the way our customers interact with us. This involves a significant investment in developing world-class, customer-centric products and services.
In Customer Journey Transformation, we are adopting a zero-based design approach to developing digitally-enabled, end to-end customer journeys that genuinely improve the lives of our customers.
As a Senior Service Design Lead, you'll work closely with the Director of Service Design and our Digital Customer Experience team and will help to facilitate workshops, feed into the definition of the future target end state for a Group customer journey and the help inform the roadmap to deliver it. You'll be responsible for ensuring that the end-to-end service design is consistent with the wider bank's Human-centred design and work with the cross-functional transformation team to drive these designs. This is a unique opportunity to help inform the future state of the customer journey, be a part of a virtual design team that also includes a Design Lead and Research Lead and be responsible for translating the service design vision into actionable stories and deliverables, making clear the choices and implications of choices on the customer journey KPIs and CX metrics. You'll work closely with the journey product owner and across Divisions to agree designs, liaise with the delivery teams to support rapid resolution of design delivery issues and drive change within the business to ensure the sustainability of the programme's impact and the importance of a Human-centred design approach. It's also vital you act as an advocate of new ways of working and assist with training people, managing performance and driving career development opportunities for colleagues.
Key accountabilities include:
- Executing and delivering the near term strategy for Service Design against key transformation and digital metrics
- End-to-end management and leadership of Service Design from initiation through to managing and optimising the digital service design estate
- Evaluating the current digital Service Design strategy and promote and implement new working methods across multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the customer is at the heart of our design principles
- Defining and implementing genuine human-centric service design thinking and practices for the creation, maintenance and optimisation of all Group transformation and digital initiatives; setting new design and testing standards for journeys/components through design strategy, customer insight, content strategy, user experience, interaction design and user testing
- Creating solutions and design strategies for multiple new and existing products and maintain a customer-centred vision as they move throughout the design and development process
- Liaising and strategic partnership with the Innovation team and Service design team in E2E transformation
- Designating the types of service design activities and methods that should be used in providing a professional service design capability
- Identifying opportunities to run PoC activities and research needs
- Bringing together disparate disciplines to understand underlying systems, interfaces, product and service opportunities and how a Customer will experience these systems and interfaces
As our successful candidate, you'll ideally hail from a top tier design consulting firm or agency (i.e. Service Design Lead/Associate Principal Design Consultant level) or senior strategic design leadership role with a large-scale digital transformation program within a large corporate environment. You'll evidence your subject matter expertise of the marketplace, products, distribution and innovation trends in banking and digital, leveraging customer insight, analysis and strategic data to create new customer concepts and identify gaps to exploit new propositions. Your ability to develop strategy and break it down into specific priorities, objectives and action plans, will enable full engagement and inspire key stakeholders in the business who come from digital and non-digital backgrounds.
In return for your expertise you'll benefit from our competitive and tailored remuneration package, establish your profile quickly at the highest levels, through access to the groups most senior decision makers. And be at the forefront of changing the way banking works and be empowered to drive this change.
We're also one of the first major employers to promote flexible working to all its employees - understanding the importance of good work-life balance.