Communications & Marketing Manager
Are you an effective communicator, who will relish the challenge of building national awareness of a movement to change education?
We are looking for an experienced, accomplished communications and marketing champion to spearhead a new piece of our strategy.
Enabling Enterprise is an award-winning social enterprise. Our mission is to ensure that one day, all students leave school equipped with the skills, experiences and aspirations to succeed – beyond just a set of qualifications. We do this through creating innovative educational programmes for schools that introduce new, more enterprising teaching approaches. Our work is reinforced and supported by over 110 top businesses including PwC, Birmingham Airport, Virgin and many others.
We are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial outlook and with the experience to hone a communications and marketing strategy to support our 2019 goals. The ideal candidate will have a track record of being able to craft an inspiring message and turn that into action – including increasing school interest in our programmes, and being able to manage communications to a diverse range of stakeholders.
We are particularly interested in experience in creating and managing press interest. As an outcome-focused organisation, we also need someone who is comfortable owning and working to ambitious, tangible targets.
The Role: Communications & Marketing Manager
(1) Marketing (40%)
- Support a long-term strategy to build the brand and awareness of Enabling Enterprise
- Generating sales meeting requests from schools for the team to follow up
- Maintaining and implementing a plan of central marketing activity
(2) Communications (30%)
- Development of communications content, including case studies in multiple media.
- Managing regular external communications, including the website, social media, e-newsletter.
- Building press awareness of our work.
(3) Promotional Events (15%)
- Lead the organisation of key marketing and communications events, including the annual celebration event, enterprise competition final and other launch or promotional events.
- Ensure Enabling Enterprise is represented in appropriate forums and conferences.
(4) External Representation & Promotion (15%)
- Where appropriate, represent Enabling Enterprise to external audiences.
- Manage relationships with relevant stakeholders.
Key Skills and Attributes:
The key skills and experiences that will be required for this job are:
- Effective Communicator: You need to be able to make our message compelling for different audiences, using different mediums to have the maximum impact, including the technical expertise to realise your vision.
- Focus on results: We are looking for someone who is able to drive tangible results – not just creating content but ensuring that it is strategic and produces the desired impact.
- Commercial sense: As a social enterprise with ambitious goals, we have to generate as big a return as possible with our resources – an ability to be able to measurably evaluate different approaches is key.
- Using networks: To get our message out and build awareness of our work, we are looking for someone who can bring existing networks to support these goals, as well as being able to build off and capitalise on Enabling Enterprise’s existing networks.
- Self-Motivation and Resilience: As this is a new focus for the organisation, there will undoubtedly be some setbacks and so we are looking for evidence of overcoming obstacles and taking the initiative.
- Team player: While this role does not directly line manage at this stage, it is a cross-cutting role and so we need someone who can work across a larger team to promote and support a shared vision and strategy for our communications.
Please note, we are looking for clear experience and tangible achievements in a similar role so please make this as clear as possible in your application. If you have limited experience at this stage, this is probably not the role for you.
Above all, we are looking for someone with a clear vision for why they want the role, how it fits in with their experiences and achievements to date, and a passion for the work of Enabling Enterprise.
Terms & Conditions:
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 subject to review in 12 months, plus up to 3% matched pension
Location: London office – currently Bethnal Green, E2 9PF.
Working hours: Up to 40 hours per week, although in this role flexibility is likely to be important. It is important to be aware that this role may involve occasional travel to our regional offices in Birmingham and Manchester. We may be open to reduced hours or flexible working arrangements for the right candidate so please state any preferences in your application.
Holidays: 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
Contract length: Initially 2 years, probationary period of 6 months
Applications should include a CV and supporting statement and be made via the application method below
Your supporting statement of up to 2 pages should cover the following points:
- Your motivation for applying for this role
- Your relevant skills and experiences against the specification above
- When you would be able to take up this position if it were offered to you.
- Any flexibility or reduced hours that you would be seeking.
This round of applications ends at 9am on Monday 23rd January with interviews taking place on Thursday 2nd February in London. You will be informed by the end of the 25th January if you are being invited to interview. We expect to make offers shortly after interviews.
Start Date: Preferred start date is March 2017 but would be flexible for the right candidate.
Enabling Enterprise is an equal opportunities employer, and actively encourages applications from any qualified individuals.