Human Resources Manager, Part-time
Human Resources Manager
Your Favourite Story is a well-established, independent digital marketing agency based in Spitalfields, London. Our clients include Mercedes-Benz, BT, Stanley Black and Decker, Telegraph, Massey Ferguson and Ross Noble. We are a very ambitious agency with big growth plans and are looking to seriously increase our market presence in 2017 and beyond.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing a stand-alone, generalist HR service to the business, giving guidance, coaching and support to all levels of managers and employees in this high growth, creative, ambitious agency. We have recently invested in the review of our people strategy and we are looking for a ‘hands on’ HR manager with a focus on coaching and developing managers to ensure processes are embedded and implemented consistently and updated as the business grows. Key projects for the role will be recruitment and talent management, with the objective of driving Company growth and profitability and building a ‘Best Company to Work for’ ethos that attracts, retains and develops the best in the industry.
We are looking for 18 hours’ commitment per week for this role at present.
Continued business growth will give the right person an opportunity to grow and develop within the business and to make this role their own.
Recruitment and Selection
- Manage a centralised recruitment attraction strategy covering preferred supplier recruitment agencies, social media and direct recruitment methods. Build strong candidate networks to maintain a candidate pool for direct recruitment
- Partner with managers to develop a deep understanding of their positions/needs and to implement a high quality and consistent interview and selection process
- Manage the candidate experience through the hiring process
- Maintain an Applicant Tracking System to ensure timely and accurate data, workflow status and reporting
- Manage the induction process for new employees
- Manage the probationary process for new employees
Culture, Talent and Performance
- Drive retention of the best people by working with managers to create a positive working culture and environment which continually improves individual and team engagement
- Work pro-actively to retain and develop the best people and identify future talent by working alongside managers to drive succession plans
- Promote positive performance management across the business at all levels and coach managers to drive an improvement in capability
- Manage the performance appraisal process
- Challenge and influence current ways of working to drive a positive change and lead improvements to working practices
- Conduct exit interviews to determine the reasons behind resignations and provide regular reports and recommendations to the leadership team
- Monitor people metrics and make relevant recommendations to management as required
Learning and Development
- Work with each manager to ensure a learning and development plan for every team is implemented that drives engagement and company performance
- Maintain HR policies and procedures that both meet regulatory requirements and are culturally appropriate. Ensure these are well communicated and understood
- Support guide and coach managers to develop their capability and understanding to deal effectively with employee relations issues
- Manage any complex ER cases within the Company with the aim of minimising risk and exposure
Skills, experience and attributes
- Experience of working in a stand-alone HR role within a fast paced environment, ideally in the creative, agency or tech sector
- Generalist HR experience. Up to date with HR trends & legislation with CIPD qualification an advantage
- Strong commercial acumen
- First-rate communicator who can build relationships with colleagues quickly, influence through collaboration and deal with all levels from exec members to junior staff
- Emotional intelligence, the ability to understand, develop and coach colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidential and trustworthy nature
- Above all, culture fit is crucial. You will need to have a positive, friendly and flexible attitude and thrive in working in a fluid and ever-changing environment in an ambitious, creative agency.
Shortlisting for this role will be ongoing, so the sooner you apply, the sooner we can let you know about the next stage of the process.
If you are interested in this HR Manager position, simply submit your application below.
Apply for Human Resources Manager, Part-time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly