Team Assistant - Significant Part-Time 25 hrs+
Reporting to: Director
Working with: Policy and Communications Manager
Purpose of Role
- To manage office systems to ensure the efficient running of the organisation
- To provide administrative support for the delivery of the Antisemitism Policy Trust’s activities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for queries on the telephone, by e-mail and in person
- Undertake general office administration e.g. post, filing, stationery supplies, photocopying, dealing with enquiries etc., and implement new office systems where appropriate
- Keep the database up to date with key contacts and ensure compliance with data protection legislation with regard to external contacts
- Undertake financial administration under the guidance of the Director (eg cashbook, expense reports, invoices, payments, banking cheques, petty cash etc)
- Provide day to day assistance to the Director including with diary management, travel arrangements and meetings
- Support the Director with the preparation of reports, presentations and hand-outs for meetings
- Assist the Director to service Trustee meetings including preparation, and distribution of papers.
Events and Communications
Working to the Director and Policy and Communications Manager:
- Provide logistical support for activities including parliamentary events and overseas visits. For example, catering, venue arrangements, and co-ordinating with speakers, delegates etc.
- Support production of marketing materials and other publications including liaising with designers and printers.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post
- Some event planning experience (in either a paid or voluntary capacity)
- Experience of having worked for - or an understanding of how - a small organisation operates (desirable)
- Good standard of general education
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office suite, in particular working with Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) as the post will involve composing correspondence, dealing with enquiries and liaising with a variety of different people by telephone, email and in person
- High level organisational and administrative abilities including prioritising and planning a busy workload
- Good understanding of database management systems
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information and be discreet about the affairs of the APT and its staff
- Willingness to be flexible according to current needs of the organisation
- Ability to work with a small group of staff in a collaborative way in an environment where work is shared in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Someone with a positive attitude and with high levels of integrity, honesty and credibility
Apply for Team Assistant - Significant Part-Time 25 hrs+
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly