LIFE Actuarial - Open to Flexibility
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Life Actuarial Senior Consultant you’ll help make this happen.
Your key responsibilities
· You will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships
· Contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently drive projects to completion and make sure that work delivered is of a high quality
· Under the guidance of your seniors, you will lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement
· You will keep a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate
· Working closely with colleagues, you will create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Skills and attributes for success
· Our Senior Consultants are expected to develop a number of areas of technical excellence
· You'll participate in the research and development required to support the growth of these fields of expertise
· You'll be responsible for the management of these key projects to clients
· Our successful team are intellectually curious, self-driven and committed to personal development
· Together with the support of EY’s extensive support structure we ensure that the team’s skills are constantly updated to reflect the demand in the market
To qualify for the role you must have
The fields of excellence typically cover technical skills in a number of the following areas:
· Liability Valuation & Reserving
· Capital and Risk Management
· Alternative Investments
· Moses Modelling
· Mergers & Acquisition Advice
· Shareholder Value
· Economic Value Management
· Claims Advisory Services
· Customer Analytics
· Actuarial Transformation
· Pensions Strategy
· Pension Liability and accrual valuation
Flexibility to travel and work full-time on assignments, as necessary
Join us in building a better working world.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.