Office Manager - Full and part time options available
ABOUT THE COMPANY
SCB is a commodity brokerage firm providing brokerage services across the globe in biofuels, energy and agricultural markets. Operating from the commodity capitals of the world we offer commercial and financial customers brokerage services in physical, listed and over-the-counter commodity derivatives. We are occupying brand new offices near Old Street and are looking to grow our London operations.
SCB is looking for an Office Manager to organise and coordinate office operations and procedures. A varied and hands on role, it will include day-to-day office management but will also have the opportunity to help with emerging web and social media activities and the occasional production of promotional materials for the firm.
The ideal candidate will have experience of handling a wide range of administrative tasks. They will be able to work independently, but understand the need to share progress and updates to a wide variety of senior colleagues when appropriate. In addition to ensuring the office is organised, the Office Manager will also assist with varying administrative tasks for the Legal, Finance and HR departments. Full-time or part-time option available.
Other responsibilities include:
- Serving as the main point of contact for the office
- Organising office operations and procedures
- Managing relationships with vendors and service providers
- Maintaining the leave calendar for the office and liaising with managers on leave entitlements
- Managing local invoicing and expense claims through an online system
- Partnering with other departments such as Legal, Finance and HR to assist with various projects and administrative tasks as needed
- Assisting with updates to the company website, twitter, instagram and linkedin,etc
- Liaising with designers for occasional production of company promotional materials
- Purchasing office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgets
- Managing the reception area and providing general support to visitors
- From time to time, assisting with the booking of travel
- Holiday gift mailings and event scheduling for SCB
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Personable team player
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented with personal accountability
- Excellent attention to detail, quality and control
- A self-starter, able to work on own initiative
- At least three years of proven office management or administrative experience
SCB & Associates Ltd provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please send your CV and cover letter below. To learn more about SCB, please visit our website at www.starcb.com.