Corporate Partnerships Manager – SmartLaw
- Job Title: Corporate Partnerships Manager – SmartLaw
- Salary: £32,500-£38,000
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Responsible to: Programme Director
- Pension:5% employer’s pension contribution
- Annual Leave: 28 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Location: Central London
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
**This role is open to Job share applicants**
Normal office hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm but this role will involve some agreed out of hours activity (occasionally at weekends) and working away from the office and home.
The Citizenship Foundation is an independent charity (No. 801360) working throughout the UK and internationally to promote more effective citizenship through education about the law, democracy and society. Founded in 1989, it aims to empower people, particularly the young and disadvantaged, with the knowledge, skills and understanding to engage positively with their communities. Our work includes: a comprehensive range of citizenship resources for a wide audience from teachers to young offenders; nationwide training; national active learning projects for secondary schools and community-based projects to develop citizenship education as a collective responsibility. At present, the Foundation has 23 employees and is fortunate to be supported by several consultants and over 2,500 volunteers. The organisation is lively and informal with a conscientious and diligent staff.
SmartLaw is the Citizenship Foundation’s programme of public legal education (PLE) designed to increase the legal capability of young people in schools across the UK. It includes:
- Lawyers in Schools - a skills-based volunteering programme for the legal profession;
- Mock Trial competitions - 12-18 year olds taking part in mock trials in real court rooms across the UK, supported and judged by legal professionals;
- A matching service for individual legal professionals and teachers to deliver public legal education activities in the classroom;
- Workshops, interactive classroom resources and teacher training - designed to enhance the delivery of public legal education in the classroom.
The Citizenship Foundation aims to significantly increase the provision of its SmartLaw initiatives for schools across the UK in order to achieve a generational shift in young people’s legal capability. Legal professionals, and their employers, are central to this aim in order to reach more young people. The Citizenship Foundation works with international corporates and professional bodies and continues to build relationships with existing and prospective corporate partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Corporate Partnerships Manager – SmartLaw will project manage Lawyers in Schools, and the development of new and existing corporate partnerships. The following tasks outline the overall description of this role:
Lawyers in Schools
- Work with the Programme Director to develop and implement the project plans in line with the organisation’s strategic plan and targets;
- Manage the budget for Lawyers in Schools, including oversight of invoicing;
- Manage, support and develop the team’s London-based and regional Project Coordinators (currently four) who deliver and support Lawyers in Schools;
- Oversee the delivery of Lawyers in Schools, including:
- resource development,
- account management, and
Expansion and development
- Develop and implement the marketing plan to expand Lawyers in Schools in line with agreed targets, including the organisation of, and attendance at, promotional events to increase its reach regionally, to smaller firms and internationally;
- Work with the Digital Marketing Executive and SmartLaw team to align the marketing plan with wider SmartLaw promotion;
- Oversee development of new resources and volunteer training in line with our quality control criteria.
- Oversee relationships with current Lawyers in Schools partners – delegating day-to-day management of accounts to team members as appropriate;
- Oversee the Lawyers in Schools content of the SmartLaw website (currently in development), and contribute to the overall development of the website.
- Oversee the evaluation process for Lawyers in Schools, ensuring it connects to the broader SmartLaw evaluation process (including data collation, focus groups, data entry, analysis, and the writing of evaluation reports as necessary);
- Manage the distribution of the annual evaluation report to staff, trustees, participating businesses and schools, and other stakeholders, including the individual partnership reports to firms, chambers and in-house counsel;
- Ensure that the results and recommendations from the evaluation are acted upon.
- Work with the Programme Directors to develop and implement plans to build our base of corporate partnerships, including the creation of new PLE initiatives as relevant, and record this data appropriately;
- Market, network and advocate for SmartLaw (and other Citizenship Foundation initiatives) with corporates and other potential partners;
- Keep up to date with corporate responsibility trends by carrying out desk-based research, attending networking events, conferences, seminars, etc., and share insight and learnings with the team and wider organisation.
- Project manage the annual SmartLaw fundraising dinner, engaging the wider SmartLaw team, particularly the Events Assistant, when relevant. This includes leading on sponsorship, advertising, ticket sales and securing auction prizes;
- Lead on other initiatives, e.g. Legal Walks, to engage with corporates and individuals in fundraising for SmartLaw (and the Citizenship Foundation).
- Contribute to quarterly reports for the Board of Trustees;
- Contribute both operationally and strategically to the charity’s strategy to enable it to achieve its mission;
- Carry out other tasks as agreed with your line manager;
- Fulfil other relevant organisation-wide duties.
To apply: Please click the 'Apply' button to attach your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter must include details of how you match the requirements of the job specification above.
Apply for Corporate Partnerships Manager – SmartLaw
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly