Alumni Relations Manager - Flexible working
Our client is looking for an Alumni Relations Manager to join their thriving team, who will report to the Head of Marketing. The Alumni Relations Manager will be expected to develop, plan and implement an integrated programme for the Alumni.
The successful candidate will be expected to find innovative opportunities to expand relationships with the Alumni – digitally and in person – in order to support personal development and impact individual’s careers.
The ideal candidate will fit a highly entrepreneurial individual who will be able to find ways to extend the Company’s commercial opportunities and create new business opportunities.
They will be based in their offices in Oxfordshire but will need to be able to travel. The role is also flexible and there will be an opportunity to work remotely where appropriate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for the developing and implementing the strategy and tactical action plan for the development and growth of the Alumni network
- Build, in addition to revenue, a way of measuring the effectiveness of the Alumni programme
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing, Directors and wider business to develop content and opportunities both online and offline
- Partnering with the Head of Marketing and other Directors to run targeted events and continue to build relationships with Alumni
- Identifying business opportunities and converting them into revenue streams via the Alumni network
- Product Development: Identify and feedback to the business solutions to problems faced by the Alumni
- Managing the digital strategy for Alumni across the global including new digital products, managing web mail, email, mobile, social and data services.
- Delivering and managing an event strategy including annual conferences, round tables, networking events, and other distinctive Alumni opportunities by region
- Managing a database of past alumni including coaches, managers, HR professionals and sponsors
- Identifying external experts and speakers to be involved in events
- Manage and execute all Alumni related activity with support from other business unites
- Potential in the future to manage a P&L for Alumni as its own distinct business
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience of either managing a large Blue Chip Corporate, University Alumni internally, an expert outsourced provider or as a social media manager managing large scale communities with digital as its main focus
- Knowledge and experience of leveraging company and software applications, and contributing regularly to social media
- Excellent communicator, and enjoys connecting people with their experiences
- Experience of managing a P&L and being accountable for it would be a benefit
- Proven experience of managing teams
- Will have been responsible for the strategy and architecture of an Alumni group/social community including using sophisticated digital strategies
- Able to demonstrate how they have used the Alumni/community to generate referrals, brand exposure and revenue streams.
- Have the ability to show strong entrepeurial capabilities and strategic thinking
- Must be service orientated with a can-do attitude
- Experienced in managing stakeholders and supplier relationships to achieve strategic goals would be a benefit
- Capable of excellent programme and project management skills
- Experience of managing global Alumni groups outside of the UK would be a benefit
Apply for Alumni Relations Manager - Flexible working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly