Assistant Director Operational Transaction Services IT, Open to flexibility
Are you ready to take control and deliver impact? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We’re looking for Assistant Directors (Senior Managers) to join our team because we are experiencing tremendous growth in our Operational Transaction Services Team.
What we do
The Operational Transaction Services (OTS) is the largest combined Operations and IT team in Europe. We have a market-leading proposition to create and maximise value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring. We work on the most complex and high profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in IT and Operations who are serial transaction advisers, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients. We prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify synergies and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people
What you will do
- Advise senior clients across all sectors, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions.
- Sell, manage and deliver different types of engagements, including pre-deal (eg, operational and IT due diligence, carve-out planning), post-deal (eg, integration planning, synergy tracking) and restructuring (eg, rapid cost reduction).
- Lead blended project teams comprising colleagues from our transactions and advisory practices.
- Manage complex engagements, including commercials, resourcing and risk.
- Lead on business origination, including leverage of networks and delivery of pitches and presentations to senior clients.
- Lead on practice development initiatives and training programmes, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with the recruitment and training responsibilities.
- Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
You'll need experience in all of these three areas:
- Professional services / consulting in a Big 4 firm or equivalent
- Programme management experience at a Senior level
- Experience in Fintech and Telecoms across the IT space
Other qualities we look for are:
- Adept at building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- Transactions: ideally due diligence, carve-out or integrations experience;
- Deep understanding of a typical IT function, including enterprise architecture, strategy, governance, systems integration, application development, service delivery and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of delivering high-quality reports and presentations.
- Experience of managing large, complex, global delivery programmes.
- Strong team leadership skills, particularly teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, coupled with the ability to manage and develop juniors.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience leading practice development initiatives and training programmes.
- Track record in business development, with strong external networks.
- Ability to act as a thought leader in a particular sector / industry.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.