Finance & Operations Manager – FTC - Open to flexibility
Finance & Operations Manager – FTC (Maternity Cover) - Open to flexibility
Apps for Good is an award-winning and fast-growing charity that is powering young people to change their world with technology. Since our launch in 2010, we’ve reached over 75,000 students in 1500 schools globally, helping young people learn to turn bright ideas into real technology products.
With offices based near Old Street, we are a charity with a start-up mind-set. We are hard-working, open-minded and adaptable with a ‘can do’ approach. You will be joining a close-knit, friendly and energetic company who all believe strongly in our mission and values.
If you believe in the power of technology and education, then you will be the perfect fit within our team.
Apps for Good is looking for a qualified accountant with finance and operations management experience to provide maternity cover for our Finance Manager. You’ll play a core role on the AfG team, working with the UK Managing Director and CEO to oversee all aspects of our financial procedures and ensure the smooth running of our day-to-day finance and operations.
- Manage finance function, including budgeting, forecasting, quarterly management accounts, monthly payroll and year end accounts
- Process purchase invoices and weekly payment run
- Cashflow management
- Liaise with external auditors and HMRC
- Act as company secretary, attending board meetings with Trustees and recording minutes
- Manage HR function including employee contract review, holiday & sickness records and overseeing staff recruitment, onboarding and review processes
- Manage office administration duties including organizing office supplies and supporting the team with travel bookings
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with at least 2-3 years post qualification experience
- Excellent problem solving and strong management skills, particularly in relation to organisation, planning, communication and team working
- Advanced Excel skills using pivot tables and linking many spreadsheets together
- Track record of controlling accounting and financial analysis
- Knowledge and experience of charity accounting/SORP desirable but not essential
- Thorough working knowledge of IT, accountancy, budgeting and accounting software, experience of Xero accounting package an advantage
Start Date: End March/early April
Location: London, flexible working considered
Type: Fixed term contract – April till December
Hours: Full time with flexible hours available
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 subject to experience
How to apply:
If this role is genuinely of interest please click apply with your CV and cover letter briefly explaining why you are the right person for the job and answers the following:
- Up to 100 words on your thoughts on education or technology in the UK
AND 1 of the following
- A paragraph on a memorable life experience
- Your favourite quote and why its meaningful to you
Deadline: 7th February 2017
Process: We will start to review applications as soon as the role is advertised, so please apply at your earliest opportunity. Candidates need to be available for 1st stage video interview via Skype/ Google Hangout; and for a 2nd stage face-to-face interview in London.