European People Legal Counsel - Open to flexibility
European People Legal Counsel - Open to flexibility
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we are driven to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter. With 2015 sales of approximately $13.5 billion, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of cookies and crackers; a leading producer of savoury snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. Every day, our well-loved brands nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. Our role in Kellogg’s global Legal & Compliance Department is to lead, challenge and protect the business.
We are seeking team members who are functionally brilliant in the areas that matter, and who are commercially driven. Are you ready to be the ‘key lieutenant’ for your business leader?
Grow with us as the European People Legal Counsel in Kellogg’s global Legal & Compliance Department – where we believe in your success. We’re looking for an experienced, commercially-focused legal counsel to lead the labour and employment practice throughout Europe. This role will align efforts to reach business goals, assess and determine governance strategies, and drive compliance practices and procedures. Our regional specialist will also efficiently and effectively lead the People practice group team across the region, building stronger internal and external stakeholder networks, and fostering global practice group interaction, collaboration, and budget management.
Stand with us by interfacing with all employees including senior management and functions in the organization, as well as with external lawyers, other professional advisers, and Kellogg operations in the United States, Europe, and around the World.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as People Counsel, you will:
- Lead legal team and handle a wide range of day to day activities and longer-term projects related to labour and employment for Kellogg in Europe, including coordinating with regional general counsel and global practice group head to determine strategies, operations, and resources required (internal & external) for the region; all aligned with Kellogg Europe’s business strategy
- Advise and drive collective labour issues across the region, partnering with key stakeholders in Human Resources
- Lead efforts related to employee data protection / privacy across Europe
- Draft and advise on legal aspects of senior executive human resources issues
- Deploy and leverage global practice group’s knowledge, expertise, solutions, and network to ensure the practice group initiatives are fully compliant, nurtured with global learning and scaled to drive Europe’s growth
- Strategic partner for HR leadership teams
- Provide experienced labour, data privacy, benefits, and employment legal counselling across Europe
- Set and develop European People group’s individual and collective legal strategy
- Participate in Kellogg Europe ethics and compliance office investigations
- Lead and develop labour risk preventive and mitigation strategies
- Review and advise on all Kellogg Europe employee related policies and other issues arising from our regional/global business services Bucharest office
- Own legal training calendar for labour and employment issues in Europe
- Lead team, including one legal counsel based in Manchester, and manage budget
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg Company, we recruit the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A solicitor with a current Practicing Certificate and experience at a reputable firm, including a significant period spent advising in industry and with experience of operating within an international company legal function
- Personal presence and professional ability to take ownership of projects as an individual contributor, be confident, and firm with legal positions
- Experience advising and drafting senior executive human resource issues
- Business partnering through experience directly advising, partnering with internal stakeholders, and leveraging outside consultants on collective labor issues and consultations across the region
- Improving legal processes through exposure to a wide variety of regional labour and employment issues working with international legal systems and colleagues
- Driving results with in-depth knowledge of law, regulations, compliance policies and enforcement, and ability to deal personally with the business and functional experts in labour and employment, wage and hour, employee data privacy, benefits and pensions and immigration
- Strong academic background, a relevant degree or equivalent, and the right to practice law
- Excellent contentious and non-contentious experience
- Excellent commercial awareness and strong relationship development skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and across all levels
- Ability to build, supervise and manage a network of outside regulatory and litigation counsel across Europe
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (including drafting and negotiation skills), organizational skills, and the ability to work with others as a team player
- The ability to work independently to tight deadlines and collaboratively in a fast-paced, complex environment; the ability to accomplish objectives working with and through others, including their budgets, to be successful
- Drive alignment through strong influencing, leadership and networking skills
- Self-motivated drive to develop legal capabilities and learn the Kellogg business; candidate must be able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects with varying degrees of importance and urgency, and drive results, under work conditions that may include limited supervision, extended work schedules and specific time constraints
- Considerable experience with specific legal experience in employment, labor relations, regional and local consultations, benefits, and employee data privacy/protection
- Knowledge of the fast-moving consumer goods industry
- In-house experience
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
This role can offer occasional international travel opportunities.
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer which strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg is proud to offer employees true flexibility: our people benefit from flexi-time and flexi-leave (this could mean an extra 6 days per year!), childcare vouchers through our award winning CornFlex benefits system and many other great flexible options. We are happy to talk about your flexibility needs during the recruitment process. We’re not just a flexible company, we’re a family.
Job Function: Legal and Compliance
Primary Location: UK-North West England-Manchester
Job Type: Executive
Closing Date: Jan 15, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No
Please click Apply to continue.