Marketing Manager- Insurance and Investment Management - Open to flexibility
Marketing Manager- Insurance and Investment Management - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG UK is one of the largest member firms of KPMG’s global network providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. In the UK we have 615 partners and over 13,112 professionals working together to deliver value to our clients across 22 offices.
KPMG goes to market via two key markets across the UK: International Markets & Government and National Markets.
International Markets & Government (IMG) consists of key accounts in priority industries, focused on FTSE250 companies, large private corporations, government entities and private equity. It is divided into 5 areas: Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance & Investment Management (or Financial Services), Business to Business (B2B), Business to Consumer (B2C) and Government & Infrastructure (G&I). G&I includes: Government, Infrastructure, Building & Construction, Transport and Business Services.
Our market proposition is essentially issues-led as we seek to provide our clients with insight around major issues affecting their businesses and the support to solve them. The IM&G marketing teams work closely with the functions to run campaigns aligned to client issues.
Marketing’s role in this proposition development is vital – instigating and managing end-to-end marketing programmes that begin with brand building around these issues in the media and digital space right through to developing content for relationship building in the boardroom which result in generating profitable revenue.
The Financial Services Marketing Manager will play a vital role in underpinning the firm’s success within with a specific focus on Insurance and Investment Management. This role offers great scope to the right individual to make their mark in sector marketing within KPMG.
A key member of the FS Marketing Team, the Marketing Manager will work closely with the Investment Management and Insurance Sector Leaders and as part of the wider KPMG Marketing team to develop and deliver against the firm’s marketing objectives through a range of traditional and digital marketing channels.
The role includes taking delivery, ownership of and reshaping where necessary, the agreed FS marketing programmes ensuring strong delivery across various flagship end-to-end marketing campaigns. Creative development, campaign planning and execution will form a core part of this role.
In addition to the successful stewardship of existing programmes and events, the Marketing Manager will be expected to innovate, generating new ideas and creating and driving exciting new campaign programmes.
The ideal individual will be a pragmatic, intuitive hands-on manager, capable of handling multiple campaign delivery projects at once and able to act on their own initiative.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a good communicator and display flexible and creative thought processes, tackling head-on the challenge of developing cutting-edge marketing in a changing sector.
You will have a strong appreciation for the importance of data analytics and market intelligence; you will be a consummate user of management information to measure the success of programmes and events, using such information to manage to budget, to report to the business and to adapt and develop your output.
You will not be afraid to constructively challenge the status quo, using your strong influencing and negotiation skills with senior stakeholders to achieve the best results within the strategic objectives of KPMG.
As an integral member of the Marketing team, you will be highly sensitive of the need to achieve brand consistency for the firm, and as such be able to work closely and intuitively with other Sector Managers, both within FS and within the wider Marketing team, and other individuals within KPMG to achieve this aim.
Key functional aims of this role
- Project managing the development and delivery of marketing programmes for the FS sector, aligned to the KPMG marketing plan and FS strategy
- Creating new programmes which will stand alongside the firm’s existing Flagship marketing activities in this key sector
- Providing high quality management information (including ROI) on the performance of marketing activities and programmes
- Researching and analysing the latest market, competitor and client data
- Maintaining strong relationships with relevant membership bodies and media
- Working closely with other members of the Financial Services marketing team to ensure all programmes are joined up, sponsored and delivered on budget in line with firm strategy, their success measured and monitored
- Take responsibility for performance managing more junior members of the team, and for the coaching, mentoring and development of marketing assistants and executives
Reports and Accountability
This role has a hard-line report in to the Head of Insurance & Investment Management Marketing.
You will be expected to work largely autonomously within the firm’s overall strategic priorities and manage support from other members of marketing to implement initiatives.
Core technical competencies and required level of competence
- You will have a strong appreciation of brand management and proposition development, ensuring marketing collateral is fully brand-compliant, embedding brand in all activities and developing and maintaining compelling value propositions
- You will display excellence in marcomms, setting tactical plans and tailoring content for specific channels. You will act as a champion for marcomms, educating junior team members as to its importance
- You will develop on-budget end-to-end marketing programmes, engaging with the business to ensure smooth planning, consummate execution and accurate measurement of programmes
- You will have a strong grasp of data analysis, including business financials, and the ability to develop a strong knowledge of both the Insurance sector and competitors within it.
Core behavioural competencies and required level of competence
- You will display strong business acumen, working with BD to ensure marketing supports account development, identifying ‘gaps’ in KPMG’s knowledge and initiating strategies to fill them
- You will be an intuitive team player and team leader with a diverse approach who enjoys using their practical coaching mindset to develop junior members of the marketing team
- You will be a strong communicator, able to listen, analyse and present complex concepts to a variety of audiences, both verbally and through clear and descriptive written work
- You will take personal responsibility for making tough decisions, acting quickly to diffuse or prevent conflicts and able to share resources and information to create teamwork across functional boundaries
- You will be a good influencer, good at engaging with senior stakeholders so that the value of marketing is understood, in the process developing lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with key KPMG and external stakeholders
- A proven track record within Marketing at Manager level
- A university degree or equivalent
- Professional marketing qualification (CIM) preferred
- Experience within the FS industry preferable, but other B2B industries considered
- Previous experience of marketing in a professional services organisation is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in all key functional areas (see above)
- Must be able to respond to all Core Technical and Behavioural Competencies (detailed above)
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Please click Apply to continue.