Audit Senior Manager - Open to flexibility
Audit Senior Manager - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Manager with proven experience in delivering audits to a variety of clients in the corporate sector. You will hold a relevant professional qualification; ACCA or ACA qualified and possess excellent technical ability, combined with networking and client relationship skills. Working with your portfolio of clients you will operate cross functionally with colleagues across all of KPMG's service offerings.
Day to day the role will involve (but is not limited to):
- Establishing and building client relationships.
- Assisting with targeting activities as part of KPMG's growth agenda.
- Planning and project managing a broad portfolio of audit clients.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of your audits, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Leading, inspiring and motivating your teams, and reporting to the audit partner group.
- Report writing and reviewing for Audit Committees and management.
- Driving new ways to differentiate KPMG - how can we bring new and innovative ideas to our clients?
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Professionally qualified with a recognized accounting body, ACA, ACCA, CA, CPA or country equivalent.
- Significant experience as a senior manager in an audit capacity.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Current accounting and financial reporting standards background with IFRS and UK GAAP. US GAAP / SOX experience would be valuable, but not essential.
Experience and Background
At KPMG, we think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
- Creativity with a commercial focus.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organization and evaluative skills.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities and a commitment to personal development, including well-developed supervisory skills (i.e. coaching and motivation).
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
- Relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Proven research skills (i.e. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge).
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.
Please click Apply to continue.