Audit Manager - Public Sector & Healthcare - Open to flexibility
Audit Manager - Public Sector & Healthcare - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We are currently looking for qualified Accountants at Assistant Manager level to join our thriving Public Sector Audit and Assurance department. Based in our head office in London, you will be part of a collaborate team in a fast paced and challenging environment working with a diverse client base.
What can we offer you?
KPMG is one of the leading Audit and Assurance practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people are an important part of that. You will have the opportunity to work within a diverse team and will benefit from extensive training, professional development and performance management to help you meet your professional goals. Our top performers are encouraged to pursue internal secondments and international assignments to broaden their skills set.
Our clients range across Local and Central Government, the NHS, Higher and Further Education, Housing Associations and Charities. KPMG is a market leader in these sectors and we are the largest Public Sector audit practice within the Big 4. We work with 21 out of 24 Russell Group Universities; 13 out of the 15 largest Housing Associations; in the NHS we are assurance provider to 110 provider and 60 commissioner organisations, and we work with over half of all Local Government organisations in London. Our clients are household names and with our dedicated Public Sector practice, we are at the forefront of developments, helping our clients to face current pressures and longer term challenges from economic developments and socio political changes.
You will work across both internal and external audit, picking up a portfolio of clients and working within a cross functional office, alongside our Advisory and Tax functions as part of our Public Sector practice. There are opportunities to become involved in work outside of traditional audit, both in terms of business development to help grow our business, as well as more widely within KPMG, for example through joint projects with our Advisory, Tax and Corporates teams.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance.
You will manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. The specific responsibilities will be:
- To manage engagements, overseeing In-Charge and Audit Assistants work ensuring compliance with client and statutory requirements and ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in delivering a service to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff in order to facilitate the sharing of information, and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contribute towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Senior Manager and Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
- Involvement in Business Development activity as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Time and Exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Recent and significant experience as a manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
- Good understanding of current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK GAAP
- Significant experience of auditing public sector organizations (experience of internal audit with these organizations would also be beneficial, but not essential)
- Leadership and supervisory skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written. IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.
Please click Apply to continue.