UK Financial Accountant - Open to flexibility
UK Financial Accountant - Open to flexibility
- Qualified CIMA / ACA / ACCA or its equivalent within Europe ( QBE EU qualification)
- SAP Experience or ability to up skill to use SAP within 1 month
- Big 4 Experience is preferred for this role
- Demonstrable experience in financial reporting
- Proven ability to work as a member of multi-functional teams and influence senior management within a market
- Must have a experience in a similar role as outlined in the responsibilities
- Ability to communicate & comprehend financial data in a relevant and concise way
- Self motivated and displays initiative in solving problems
- Ability to plan and manage workload to ensure all key deadlines are met
- Actively seeks to improve processes making them more effective and efficient
- Disciplined, excellent organisation
- Empathy & resilience towards shared service centre set ups
- Able to work both within a team and independently.
- Big 4 experience Preferred
- Experience with shared service Knowledge Transfer: desirable
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
This role will be accountable for the Service Delivery - Record to Report: Deliver record to report services, ensure KPIs and metrics reflect customer expectations of the service, resolve current and emerging performance gaps, prioritise areas for improvement.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- Provide timely, accurate and compliant record to report services including statutory reporting in accordance with IFRS or new UK GAAP.
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of financial transactions
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Research and analyze any unmatched and / or out of balance entries
- Prepare, document & manage all month end control processes
- Produce routine reports, schedules, and summaries for internal & external customers
- Support period end financial closing activities and ensure an efficient and effective close is performed including preparing judgment based accruals where required
- Work closely with the outsource provider to ensure activities carried out are correct and assist in resolving queries or issues with the market
- Work and build good relationships with local market Finance Directors, in country shared services, outsource providers and external authorities where relevant
- Prepare outside auditor schedules to support annual audit and special audit requirements.
- Prepare or assist in preparation of financial information to support business unit needs/external reporting requirements.
- Meet service level agreements and performance targets related to the R2R (record to report) processes.
Customer Relationship Responsibilities
- Resolve any query issues according to defined policies and procedures.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You’ll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please click Apply to continue.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.