Sentinal Resolver - Open to flexibility
Sentinal Resolver - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
UK Quality & Risk Management teams help to set, implement and enforce policies and procedures designed to help to enable KPMG UK and its personnel to achieve the following key objectives: (i) oversee and monitor service quality, (ii) protect the brand and reputation of KPMG, (iii) comply with laws, (iv) regulations and professional standards, and (v) minimize the risk of financial claims against KPMG UK.
The Sentinel team are responsible for the processes relating to the firm’s global Sentinel application, a KPMG secure online application developed to assist KPMG member firms in complying with legal and regulatory independence requirements related to the provision of services and in identifying and managing potential conflicts of interest with proposed engagements. In particular, the team review and propose mitigations for identified conflicts of interests, help engagement teams with correctly onboarding new clients onto the application and maintain a list of firm’s restricted clients for personal independence purposes.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Monitoring the Sentinel, Invalid SANs and Sentinel Onboarding mailboxes and dealing with general queries within agreed service level agreements
- Participating on the Sentinel helpline to answer phone and email queries on the Sentinel system, conflicts of interest and the progress of engagement requests
- Working with audit engagement teams to ensure that client affiliate trees are correctly recorded and restricted within Sentinel and populated with key data on audit tenure
- Liaising with Global teams in order to facilitate the creation and ongoing updates to Sentinel affiliate trees and the responsible audit engagement leaders (Sentinel Lead Partners)
- Undertaking certain compliance processes associated with the Sentinel system and PHAC list to ensure the data it contains is up to date and accurate
- Carry out checks on prospective audit clients to identify existing business and financial relationships with KPMG which may impair our independence
- Escalating policy queries or more complex cases to Sentinel Assistant Manager or Managers, where appropriate
- Provide support and holiday cover to the wider Sentinel team who perform conflict of interest checks in Sentinel and other ancillary tasks (you will receive training)
- Developing awareness/familiarity of the relevant firm’s compliance policies, auditor independence rules, conflict of interest rules and systems that support the Sentinel procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Sound organisational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritise efficiently.
- The ability and willingness to take personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Strong team-player who is both supportive and willing to help out.
- Client-focused approach with a passion for delivering excellence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate with people at all levels and build relationships.
- The ability to interpret complex information and identify issues.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail is essential.
- The ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately.
- The confidence to challenge the status-quo and provide fresh ideas.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office applications and internet-based research tools.
- Prior working experience for a professional services firm is a distinct advantage, although training will be given.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Please click Apply to continue.