Audit Manager - Open to Flexiblity
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for qualified accountants currently at Audit Manager Level to join the audit practice in our Preston office, with proven experience in delivering audits to a variety of clients in the corporate sector.
The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP. US GAAP would be beneficial but not essential. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
- Managing engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KAM requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Overseeing and directing the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KAM and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Directing, coaching and mentoring Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurturing and seeking worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributing towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assisting the Partner in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
Qualifications and Skills:
- Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA or country equivalent
- Significant experience as a Manager in an external audit capacity
- Demonstrate experience of current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK GAAP. US GAAP is preferred but not essential for the right candidate.
Currently working at Manager level and able to demonstrate leadership skills and ability to act as a role model.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
- Knowledge and experience of external auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP. US GAAP would be beneficial but not essential.
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.