Senior Manager - KPMG Boxwood - NM London - Open to flexibility
Senior Manager - KPMG Boxwood - NM London - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG Boxwood’s work has been recognised by the prestigious MCA industry awards thirteen times in the past twelve years. Most recently we were Highly Commended at the 2015 MCA Awards for our work with Arco. In 2014 we won the Performance Improvement in the Private Sector award and the top award for Project of the Year. We were also highly commended in the Change Management in the Private Sector category.
Our vision is that organisations we work with keep winning – in terms of top line growth, bottom line performance and operational excellence. To deliver against this vision we have built a talented and determined team who are ‘hands-on’, focused on results and will always go the extra mile for our clients, and for each other.
KPMG Boxwood was recently created through combining Boxwood Consulting Ltd and KPMG’s Advisory practice. Specifically, KPMG Boxwood sit within National Markets, Management Consulting, helping to strengthen KPMG’s MC offering to the UK’s middle market at a time when the mid-tier is particularly active and companies are increasingly driving growth agendas.
We are looking for a talented Senior Manager to join our team. They will typically be involved in managing and delivering two to three transformation programmes per year across a range of sectors whilst driving forward practice and capability development across KPMG Boxwood and National Markets Management Consulting.
KPMG Boxwood's Senior Managers are passionate, assertive and values driven. They are confident in their ability to manage complex engagements, working jointly with the client team to overcome challenges and are experienced at leading, coaching and facilitating a diverse range of stakeholders. The role combines situational leadership, client focus, value creation and team management in a challenging package, allowing scope to develop the client relationship.
We are looking for truly interesting people with a proven track record in project delivery, and experience and interest in business development.
- Develop and sustain relationships with key client contacts
- Identify new and sell-on opportunities, supporting the Director team to win significant National Markets opportunities
- Contribute KPMG Boxwood capability experience to other bids and engagements
- Achieve a strong win / on-sell conversion percentage
- Lead the delivery of two to three transformation programmes per year
- Provide oversight and insight across multiple smaller projects per year
- Deliver Engagement Profitability in line with KPMG Boxwood targets and strategy
- Design and deliver innovative solutions from concept to implementation
- Maintaining both client and KPMG Boxwood staff satisfaction and engagement
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of multi-faceted delivery teams on engagements or business development activities
- Coach / Performance Manage up to 3 direct reports, and develop client delivery team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development
- Being an active member of the relevant Senior Manager community to shape and drive the practice strategy and plan
- Foster collaborative, informative dialogue with stakeholders across the KPMG network
- Responsible for maintaining the relevance, inventiveness and consistent implementation of KPMG Boxwood’s delivery methodology
- Play a pivotal role in sharing and transferring knowledge to other industry sectors and teams where relevant
Working at KPMG Boxwood is rewarding in every sense. We offer uniquely challenging and meaningful work, a truly supportive environment and the chance to help us grow an exciting and vibrant business.
Your professional career will span a variety of roles and industries, including Management Consultancy experience.
You must, be comfortable in spending the majority of the working week away from home As well as the above, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Sound working knowledge of the programme management techniques and experience in managing the delivery of all phases of an engagement lifecycle
- An appreciation of successful business development processes
- Strong commercial acumen and deep understanding of different business models deployed by different businesses
- Proven ability to build new relationships at Head of / Director and C-Suite level within client organisations
- Experience delivering complex performance improvement and/or business transformation programmes, which have made an undeniable difference to your client’s business
- Expertise in at least two of the following areas: Operating Model Design and Implementation, Change Management, Organisation Design and Development, Operational Improvement, Process Innovation, Financial Performance Improvement, International expansion / market development, Multi-channel / Omni-channel Strategy development and implementation
- Proven track record in performance management / career coaching less experienced members of your team
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables and the management of risk
- Self-awareness; supportive of self and team’s needs and learning styles with the ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.
Please click Apply to continue.