Manager - KPMG Boxwood - NM London - Open to flexibility
Manager - KPMG Boxwood - NM London - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG Boxwood’s work has been recognised by the prestigious MCA industry awards thirteen times in the past twelve years. Most recently we were Highly Commended at the 2015 MCA Awards for our work with Arco. In 2014 we won the Performance Improvement in the Private Sector award and the top award for Project of the Year. We were also highly commended in the Change Management in the Private Sector category.
Our vision is that organisations we work with keep winning – in terms of top line growth, bottom line performance and operational excellence. To deliver against this vision we have built a talented and determined team who are ‘hands-on’, focused on results and will always go the extra mile for our clients, and for each other.
KPMG Boxwood was recently created through combining Boxwood Consulting Ltd and KPMG’s Advisory practice. Specifically, KPMG Boxwood sit within National Markets, Management Consulting, helping to strengthen KPMG’s MC offering to the UK’s middle market at a time when the mid-tier is particularly active and companies are increasingly driving growth agendas.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented Manager to join our team. They will typically be involved in supporting design and delivery of one or two complex transformation programmes per year, and leading workstreams on two to three smaller engagements. They will work across a range of sectors whilst driving forward practice and capability development across KPMG Boxwood and National Markets Management Consulting.
KPMG Boxwood's Managers are passionate, assertive and values driven. They are confident in their ability to work in ambiguous environments, working jointly with the client team to overcome challenges and are experienced at working with, and facilitating, a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain relationships with key client contacts
- Support Directors and Senior Managers to identify, shape and pursue sell-on opportunities with the clients you are engaged on
- Support Directors with new business development opportunities as required
- Play a key role in the delivery of two to three transformation programmes per year, typically leading up to three workstreams within the overall programme
- Provide insight to, and in some cases, oversight for multiple smaller projects per year
- Support the delivery of your engagements in line with KPMG Boxwood profitability targets and strategy
- Assure the quality of design and delivery of innovative solutions from concept to implementation, providing support and challenge to both senior and junior members of your teams
- Maintain both client and KPMG Boxwood team satisfaction and engagement
Qualifications and Skills
- Working knowledge of programme management techniques and experience in delivery of all phases of an engagement lifecycle
- An appreciation of successful business development processes
- Commercial acumen and an appreciation of different types of business model
- Proven ability to build new, lasting relationships with key stakeholders from client organisations
- Experience delivering work which has made an undeniable difference to your client’s business
- Deep interest in at least two of the following areas: Operating Model Design and Implementation, Change Management, Organisation Design and Development, Operational Improvement, Process Innovation, Financial Performance Improvement, International expansion / market development, Multi-channel / Omni-channel Strategy development and implementation
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables and the management of risk
- Self-awareness; supportive of self and team’s needs and learning styles with the ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback.
Experience and Background
Your professional career will span a variety of roles and industries, including some Management Consultancy experience.
You must be comfortable in spending the majority of the working week away from home.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.
Please click Apply to continue.