Visiting Assessment Officer, part time 18.5 hours per week
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
To visit service users and/or their representatives receiving chargeable services (as detailed under the Care Act) for the purpose of the financial assessment of charges for Non-Residential Social Services. In addition, to undertake a comprehensive benefit check for Service Users to identify under claiming and other benefit issues. You will need to have a detailed knowledge of means tested benefits and working knowledge of other relevant benefits and knowledge of the Care Act 2014 non-residential financial assessments. Applicants will also need to have the ability to travel to service points within Leicestershire in a cost efficient way.
• Substantial, demonstrable and relevant experience of Woking with a computerised financial system.
• Experience of working with people with disabilities or older people.
• Detailed knowledge of means tested benefits and working knowledge of other relevant benefits.
• Knowledge of Care Act 2014 non-residential assessments.
This post is the subject of a DBS enhanced check for a regulated activity.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.