In House Legal/Corporate Services
Legal, compliance, company secretary, part time, west London
Our SME client provides insight and analysis into the sporting world and they are going through some exciting changes. After rapid growth they are now looking for a Head of Legal and Compliance to join their London based team. The role will lead the legal, compliance and company secretarial functions of the business working closely with the senior management team.
The role will manage the Legal function and advise the CEO to support strategic priorities for the company and focus on minimizing legal risk. He/she will advise on data protection and IP matters, create commercial contracts and be a point of contact to external stakeholders. The role will advise on HR matters and support the HR manager on general employment issues. The role will oversee compliance and establish internal auditing processes and monitoring procedures to ensure that the business meets relevant regulatory standards. The role will be wide ranging including some strategic input as well as day to day hands on legal duties.
- Legal professional (with at least 5 years PQE)
- Professional qualifications (e.g. auditing, solicitor/barrister) preferred
Skills and knowledge
- A senior team member who can take ownership of our legal and compliance matters (i.e not just an ‘advisor’)
- A perfectionist who takes responsibility for creating ‘order’ in a solution-focused, pragmatic manner
- Works independently and does not need much guidance
- Proactive attitude towards identifying issues and opportunities to makes things better
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- UK Law and auditing
- Good understanding of regulatory environments
- Full understanding of how to set up a legal function preferred
This is a great opportunity for someone who likes a mix of legal challenges as well as performing some day-to-day routines. They are looking for a self-starter who can identify problems and independently take responsibility for solving them, whilst having a desire to create order. This role will play a significant part in an ambitious company.
The role may suit someone with a background overseeing a number of corporate functions in a growing business (e.g from technology or professional services sectors).
- Flexibility - 25-30 hours (there will be a large degree of flexibility with the option to do some remote working once established)
- Location - West London
- Salary - up to £75K FTE