Senior Planner, Part-Time (4 days/week), Planning & Development
Senior Planner, Part-Time (4 days/week), Planning & Development
Deloitte Real Estate
Deloitte Real Estate redefines the concept of a full-service real estate business, offering a breadth of capability and an innovative approach unequalled in the market.
Our team combines traditional property services with financial and business advisory expertise to deliver integrated solutions on the most simple assignment to the most complex. We apply a depth of insight drawn from our understanding of all industries and sectors to advise occupiers, lenders, investors and the public sector on every aspect of real estate in an increasingly complex world.
The Planning team in London comprises approximately 35 individuals, working in smaller teams. As a group we provide a full range of planning services in London and across the UK, working with eminent private and public sector Clients. We are involved in some of the most high profile planning and regeneration projects.
As well as being part of the wider Deloitte business, we are integrated within a team of property professionals offering a full range of valuation, development and construction advisory expertise. The team also benefits from strong connections with the wider national Planning team with bases in Manchester and Leeds.
We have a strong presence in London and the South East and you will have the opportunity to work with commercial developers, housebuilders and property investors across a variety of sectors.
We are currently looking for a talented Senior Planner (MRTPI qualified) to support our successful Planning team on a part-time basis. This is an opportunity to work with a specialist Planning team, but one that is also integrated with the wider opportunities offered as part of an international firm. The role will be London based, with the opportunity for some home-working, however travel to projects across the UK may be required.
We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements.
- Day to day management and delivery of a variety of Planning projects from inception to completion.
- Spend time on understanding specific client needs and ensuring a high standard of service.
- Providing support to senior team members.
- Co-ordinating the work of junior staff and supporting their development, particularly in respect of town planning matters.
- Assimilating data and information gathering.
- Analysing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Co-ordinating the input of other team members and liaising with external advisers.
- Preparing reports, working with the confines of fixed deadlines and clear timeframes.
- Liaising with local planning authorities and building effective relationships, to support client objectives.
- Providing technical town planning advice, on development management and planning policy matters.
- Preparing planning applications and other planning submissions, and advising on planning conditions and Section 106 Agreements.
- Developing a broad and deep understanding of development management and planning policy matters.
- Supporting the preparation of fee proposals and tender submissions.
- Liaising with clients and assisting in managing client relationships.
- Making a contribution to consolidating and growing the firm’s business and client base.
- Have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
MRTPI qualified, with a degree in Planning or similar professional qualification.
Experience of working for a Planning consultancy, as a Planning Manager for a real estate company would be a particular advantage.
Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Excellent administrative skills, including report writing and time management.
We take personal development seriously, offering a wide range of learning and development opportunities within a highly supportive and nurturing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. Be part of an environment where excellent client service, creativity, contribution and ambition are rewarded.
We are Finance Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure.
We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.