Part Time - Sales & Marketing Account Manager - Travel & Tourism, Home-working
Sales & Marketing Account Manager
Travel & Tourism
Part-time, home-working (with one day a week in office in Twickenham area)
For German and French clients
Worldwide Attractions is a specialist B2B travel trade and tourism sales and marketing representation company. Our clients are USA and European sightseeing and tourism service providers, destinations and hotels. We are passionate in our commitment to providing the very best and most productive travel trade representation service and successful in achieving exceptional sales results for our clients.
We are delighted to be recruiting for a new member of our team to manage some of our German and French clients.
Established in 2003 and proud of our excellent reputation within the travel industry, this role offers considerable job flexibility alongside the opportunity to enhance and develop an already established sales and/or marketing career. We are a close-knit team, who all benefit from a very supportive sales environment and most importantly, strive to ensure we enjoy every minute of our working day. Having successfully completed a few years in the role there is the opportunity to be considered for promotion to Account Director, developing your own team and client base.
During training, for the first couple of months, you will be based in our friendly home office in Teddington. After this initial period you will work at home, with one day a week in the office.
Applications are welcomed from candidates within, for example, the boroughs of Kingston Upon Thames, Richmond Upon Thames and surrounding areas. This is suggested to enable ease of travel to the office in the Twickenham area.
Please ensure to read full description including essential application questions.
Starting with 18 hours per week over 3 days, generally Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, with flexibility required to work on Wednesday or Friday from time to time.
Our aim is to increase hours up to approximately 25 hours, depending on company development.
1. To increase sales for your clients - primarily from the travel trade but also through other sales channels by:
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing all existing trade contracts
- Establishing new trade contracts
- Maximising all purchasing and promotional opportunities within such contracts
- Targeting and increasing the product knowledge of key trade buyers and sales teams and where appropriate providing training
- Researching and establishing other sales opportunities for your clients.
2. To maintain excellent client communication: phone and email contact plus formal written progress reports.
3. Some UK and international travel required.
- Be educated to degree level
- Excellent command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- Spoken German, preferably fluent
- An experienced, ambitious, confident, target-driven and creative sales person
- An outgoing, enthusiastic and optimistic character
- A confident user of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Commercially aware and analytical
- Self-discipline, self-motivation and flexibility
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Good knowledge of France, Germany and Austria as destinations for international tourists
- Strong UK travel trade and/or tourism/tour operator knowledge, experience and contacts
- Good written German
- Spoken French
Salary: £16.00 per hour; equivalent to c. £33,280 gross per annum pro rata. Various additional benefits including cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice), childcare vouchers (salary sacrifice) and bonus potential.
Start date: 8th May onwards. Interviews from early April.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would be grateful if you could please answer the following questions and email your replies in the same document as your CV. Please edit your CV to include responses on the final pages of your CV.
- Why would you like to work for us?
- Describe what “selling” means to you and how much you enjoy it.
- Please outline how you would sell one specific German tourist attraction of your choice to the UK travel trade. No more than half of one page please.
- Describe your personality.
- What experience and level of contacts do you have in the travel industry?
- What was your last annual gross salary?
- Why are you interested in applying for a part-time position?
- Are there hours or days of the working week that you would be unavailable to work?
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please no agencies.
Please no phone calls, postal or in person applications – email only.
Apply for Part Time - Sales & Marketing Account Manager - Travel & Tourism, Home-working
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly