Technology in M&A –Manager - Open to flexibility
4 days left
- Contract Type
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The Technology in M&A team at KPMG is a growing and dynamic team.
We deal with all aspects of the technology function, from strategy to reviewing technology spend.
We work with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal technology issues. Our three key client proposition areas are:
1) Due diligence: Highlighting key risks and opportunities in the target’s technology environment in order to ensure that acquirers are aware of key issues that may impact valuation.
2) Integration: Planning pre and post deal to support the client to integrate the IT function and systems into the Buyer’s organisation whilst enhancing value.
3) Separation: Supporting Vendors to plan and deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 to the Buyer with value preserved and business continuity ensured from an IT perspective including support to define and implement transitional service agreements.
Role & Responsibilities
In this role, you will work on projects working closely alongside senior members of the team, who will provide guidance and insight into the deal environment, enabling you to build your transactions knowledge and further develop your technology skills base.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading small to medium sized engagements and being the day to day support for clients on these engagements
- Contributing to and reviewing technology related deal and transaction reports
- Analysing and data mapping to comment on the technology of the business including cost, products and systems and IT contracts
- Providing insights on IT aspects of the deal that are relevant to the client and readers of the IT due diligence reports and to be able to explain issues simply, highlighting the impact of technology on business strategy, operations and, ultimately, deal valuation.
- Developing an understanding of IT benchmark and qualitative information to provide insights to clients to describe a typical IT function
- Contributing content for sections of reports/deliverables
Integration & Separation
- Advising on technology aspects of integration, separation (carve outs) and optimisation initiatives (e.g. synergy analysis) including the development of target operating models, understanding the current IT landscape, defining transitional service agreements, developing detailed plans, and supporting the implementation of such plans.
- Lead the IT workstream in integrations and separations within a larger team of Integration & Separation colleagues, working and supporting the client workstream leads to fulfil their workstream objectives
- Facilitation and leading key client workshops and meetings
- Identification or review of client synergies for IT within a larger team
- Interacting with senior client stakeholders as well as internal stakeholders (KPMG Partners and Directors)
- Responsibility for ensuring engagement management protocols are followed and kept up to date including quality and risk management
- When you are not working on a project, you will provide support to senior colleagues in a number of different aspects such as preparation of proposal materials, development of propositions etc
Experience and skills
- A good understanding of, or preferably a background in IT/technology, ideally in a M&A environment
- IT specialism such as: IT strategy, applications, infrastructure, architecture, cyber security
- Leading and facilitation of client meetings and interviews
- Leading / working within a team which includes both colleagues and client members of staff
- Facilitation of and leading client workshops
- Ability to work well under pressure, learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Programme management experience and track record of successful delivery of projects
- Working within a team which includes both colleagues and client members of staff
- Comfort with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment which characterise transactions
- Ability to travel at a significant level
- Fluency in a European language beneficial
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.