Transaction Services Manager - Open to flexibility
Transaction Services Manager - Open to flexibility
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Are you looking for an exciting career in a growing team within KPMG? Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to advise clients from a cross-section of industries during strategic business transactions? Do you have experience of delivering Advisory or Transaction Services projects?
If so, then you should consider a career within the Midlands Transaction Services Team at KPMG.
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to KPMG’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle. Within this structure, the Midlands team comprises c20 professionals focused on advising regional corporates, private equity houses and PLCs.
We provide M&A advice and assistance to a wide range of clients, and help them to deliver successful transactions. We focus on acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, buy-outs, debt financing, initial public offerings (IPOs) and other transactions. We identify, structure and execute all manner of public and private market transactions, and provide support from initial analysis of strategic options and deal evaluation through to completion. We help our clients to identify upside opportunities and risks in their transactions and also assist as Reporting Accountants during Capital Markets processes to satisfy the due diligence requirements of underwriting investment banks.
We are driven by a passion to help our clients to execute transactions efficiently and maximise value.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions currently taking place in the local market we are expanding the size of our team and have a need to recruit a Manager in order support the growth of our Midlands TS business. Specific experience of financial due diligence and/or capital markets reporting will be highly regarded, but we would be open to receiving applications from exceptional staff who have the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills or market skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project management: individuals will be responsible for the delivery of client facing projects, being the main day to day point of contact for senior client contacts.
- Team work: individuals will be key team members on large complex assignments and will lead work streams on smaller and medium size engagements.
- Building relationships: individuals will be required to build and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm.
- Business development: individuals will be required to build, commercialise and sustain relationships with management team members for the benefit of the Firm. Individuals will be required to develop propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients.
- Developing people: individuals will need to demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. They will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the development of others.
- Delivering quality service and time management: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). They will need to be able to manage their own time, plan and organise work tasks, monitor progress and meet deadlines. Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
- Advisory skills: Individuals will provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client.
- Risk management: individuals will be required to identify and manage risks and ensure the Firm's frameworks are implemented.
Qualifications, Experience, Background and Skills
The role will be based in Birmingham but is likely to involve some travel to support the wider Regions team together with a high level of flexibility to meet the demands of working in a transaction based environment.
To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA
- Experience of financial due diligence is highly regarded, though we would consider candidates with experience of managing advisory or transaction related engagement or with other skills and the aptitude to learn.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong personal impact
- Ability to perform consistently at a high level under pressure
- IT skills – strong excel, PowerPoint and word skills desired
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly Equal Opportunities employer.