Engineering Director, open to flexibility
- Contract Type
- Degree in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Experience in Manufacturing Engineering / Technical Management role.
- Project Management skills
- Experience of delivery of effective maintenance improvement programmes.
- Broad understanding of all engineering disciplines as they apply to design, operation and maintenance
- Proven and effective leadership qualities /
- Experience developing a team
- Ability to make key decisions at a strategic level
- Proven networking capability with internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Effective manager of change / driving process improvement programs
- Preferred qualifications:
- Chartered Engineer preferred
- Experience working in Secondary and Steriles pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging operations
- Understanding of the regulatory standards which apply to pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging operations in the areas of quality and EHS and how these are impacted by engineering.
GSK have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At Worthing, our focus is to manufacture and supply the broad spectrum antibiotic, Augmentin as oral tablets, suspensions and sterile injectable dose forms. The site has a complex operation with two orals manufacturing areas, two packing areas with 12 lines, a bulk sterile manufacturing plant and two vial filling lines. There has been significant recent investment in the site including a new £115m bulk sterile facility due to come on line in 2019.
The Secondary Engineering Director role provides strategic leadership of the Engineering Function for the Secondary operations and support areas of the Worthing site.
The role ensures that this engineering service provides a clear added value through provision of asset maintenance, technical problem solving and continuous improvement, management of the site capital programme and application of new technologies whilst ensuring EHS & Quality compliance is sustained
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work as part of the Secondary Site Leadership Team, driving site strategy and being accountable for the successful performance of the Engineering function and the site.
- To provide leadership of all key aspects of the Engineering function which comprises two value stream aligned trade teams, utilities operations, automation, capital management, stores, planning and compliance.
- Accountable for the active engagement of the Engineering Function in the site supply planning process to ensure efficient maintenance delivery whilst supporting the supply of quality material meeting customer requirements on time and in full.
- Manage the delivery of a Quality and EHS compliant engineering service ensuring inspection readiness at all times and provide focus for a ‘safe day’ working culture.
- Develop employees within the Engineering function to their full potential and actively manage key talent supporting the site and GMS Engineering talent management processes.
- Instill and embed a culture within the Engineering function that drives continuous improvement of the business, drives for simplicity and improves performance ensuring that the operating costs within the agreed budget and fully aligned to the site organisational goals and strategy.
- Deliver the site Facilities Master Plan and aligned capital programme delivering the business benefits on time and within budget, through effective project management, qualification and start up processes.
- Provide the interface between the Worthing Secondary site and the GSK central engineering organisation, being an active member of the divisional engineering team and wider GSK engineering community.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.