Preferential Origin Manager - Open to flexibility
- Contract Type
Preferential Origin Manager - Open to flexibility
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Free Trade agreements and preferential origin rules.
- Good understanding of Cost Accounting and Pricing.
- Ability to analyze, design and document business processes.
- Supply chain activities.
- Strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Good communication and people skills, presentation, oral and written.
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyze data.
- Ability to work off own initiative and comfortable with delegated responsibility.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills e.g. basic analytical functions, pivots, data validation.
A proven background in finance, legal, compliance, supply chain and or customs related education.
Preferential Origin Manager
The Preferential Origin Service within the Customs Duty Management Service is responsible for ensuring that GSK utilizes benefits gained from duty optimizations available through Free Trade Agreements in a compliant way.
The role holder will be responsible for managing and performing preferential origin qualification assessments in their specified regions, ensuring compliance and managing stakeholder relationships. Performance of qualification assessments requires detailed analysis of data and strong attention to detail as any mistakes result in non compliance and potential negative reputational and financial impact for GSK.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for determining and implementing mitigations for all service risks and issues. They need to drive the continuous improvements and strive to improve KPI and metrics results.
- Ensuring that all avenues of qualifications have been applied and investigating alternative sources of data as well as frequent interactions with the other Customs Duty Services the role will have frequent interactions with the technical Indirect tax expert for escalations, customers and suppliers of additional information across the globe.
- Representatives at sites, external supply, procurement and finance.
- Role will be responsible for obtaining the required data and in many cases influencing leaders to obtain it in a timely manner whilst still maintaining good relationship.
- Perform qualification assessments in line with relevant Free Trade Agreements Rules, Service processes and customer SLAs for region.
- Ensure all service issues are reported and are dealt with in a timely manner. Escalate issues with proposed mitigations to Service Lead.
- Implementing key projects and initiatives to address performance gaps and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of preferential origin service delivery.
- Responsible for understanding process and preferential origin service risks and ensuring that they are identified, mitigated , controlled and reported appropriately.
- Assist in the expansion and implementation of the preferential origin service globally.
- Provide relevant Risk Analysis where required.
- Undertake Preferential Origin audits as required.
- Update and maintain the Preferential Origin Database.
- Proactive assessment to maximize FTA qualification through alternative approaches to sourcing plans.
- Support day to day preferential origin service activities, e.g. product preferential origin qualification and analysis against rules of origin.
Impact & Risk
- Ensure compliant use of Preferential Origin issuance across the GSK supply chain through engagement with sites, Compliance Managers and markets.
- The role must establish and maintain a strong network across all impacted parties including external customs brokers through Compliance Managers, conducting audits and review of issuance to prevent risk to GSK supply chain.
- The role will ensure the capture of risk and impact through the Customs Duty Management Service RMCB, Indirect Tax RMCB and GSK Customs Governance Board to ensure the correct prioritization, focus and mitigation of risk to GSK.
- The role is required to perform business and technical impact analysis to identify areas of potential compliance risk and optimization opportunities. This includes understanding the business impacts on multiple streams, identifying potential solutions and discussing these solutions with stakeholders.
- The role holder must be able to recommend proposal to priortise and limit compliance risk to GSK whilst ensuring optimal benefit from duty relief. Using Risk Governance to clear articulate probability and impact and pros and cons.
- This role will be critical to development of impact analysis for Free Trade Agreement negations such as BREXIT.
- The role involves understanding the context of the change for the specific stakeholders and adapting messages and communication tools appropriately whilst keeping abreast of the external factors impacting the business through global treaties.
- The role will face the challenge of balancing the site and market requirements with the need to ensure compliance through internal and external logistics functions.
- This requires excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills working with Compliance Managers in GMS, R&D and other business units to maintain a strong and solid relationship through the journey from potential conflicts of interest to mutual compromise balancing between compliance and optimization opportunities.
- This role will be required to influence multiple stakeholders to drive changes to improve compliance and duty optimization, using channels such as the GSK Customs Governance Board and BREXIT stream.
What Total Reward Package will I receive?
Closing date for applications: Midday 14th April 2017
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.