Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst – Europe & Americas (12 mth Fixed Term Contract)
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
- Bachelors degree and relevant experience; professional finance qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- Strong analytical background in analysis tools such as IBM/Cognos and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Powerpoint)
- Good understanding of the broad analytics space and approaches taken by peer organizations
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complex financial and non-financial data utilizing a wide range of specialized systems and ways of working.
- Experience in working with stakeholders across the network at varying levels in the management hierarchy.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
*12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT*
Supporting the Europe & Americas regions of the GMS Consumer Healthcare Supply Chain focusing mainly on site financials and their impact to the organization, you will be a key contributor to all aspects of monthly Actuals, monthly Forecast and annual Forecast/Plan exercises that the Supply Chain undertakes and will ensure the foundations of financial management are maintained and key stakeholders are provided with the information they need when they need it.
Ideally, you should be well versed in standard GSK Finance principles and timelines and able to work in a high paced, multi-cultural environment.
As a financial analyst, you will effectively own an above-site market (headcount costs reporting and project costs) as well as serve as a key liaison on regional operating results to management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Control & management of regional cost centres for HQ and Non-Core spending including headcount reporting.
- HQ market management including dashboard uploading, Bison journals/adjustments etc. for monthly Actuals and Forecast/Plan exercises.
- Regional balance sheet and headcount commentary, liaising with the Area Supply Chain Finance Partners and sites on the details/explanations and reviewing with CH Commercial colleagues.
- Preparation and maintenance of standard monthly reporting for the E&A Supply Chain region, including running of performance reports on monthly Actuals, latest Forecasts and Plans.
- Consolidation of standard reporting for the region (e.g. recoveries by brand and market, gross savings, latest weekly financials).
- Main liaison on behalf of the sites on standard queries to GMS Finance CRC and Area Commercial FDs.
- Monitoring and reporting of E&A Supply Chain Working Capital Actuals results and latest Forecast/Plan; first point in contact with CH regional controllers team for movement analysis as required.
- Inventory reporting and liaison with central inventory teams regarding target setting, understanding & explaining the movements in Actuals vs. plan to support commentary and S&OP, and consolidation of activities to gain a regional view.
- Support to Regional Supply Chain Finance Partner for planning, forecasting and actuals – including preparation of presentation packs (both Excel and PowerPoint templates for the sites and areas to prepare, as well as final slides for the regional presentation to Sector), reconciliation of numbers, adjustments etc.
- Creation of non-standard financial analysis, presentation of trends, identification of insight and offering sound, financially based recommendations. Supported with both internal and external information based on benchmarking. Work as part of a cross functional team to build the opportunity and drive to execution.
- Support to regional finance teams as it relates to the annual standards setting exercise.
- Main lead for E&A Strategy Deployment reporting on monthly basis to Ops and Strategic deployment team leads.
- Ensure proper alignment with NA Financial Analyst of similar team exercises and activities.
- Ad-hoc reporting of E&A monthly Actual results and Forecast/Plan on an as needed basis in support of business partners.
- Ah-hoc project work on an as needed basis to support the E&A Finance region.
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we’ll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 19th March 2017
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for interview you may contact email@example.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.