Sales Representative - Software - Flexible role
A leader in the production and analysis of mapping and transport data is seeking a Software Sales Representative based in Guildford to join its expanding team.
The company was established in 2000 and offers a wide range of products and consultancy services. The company acts as resellers of third party software and has developed their own product suite, launched in 2013, providing a world-class transport accessibility solutions. The company’s software is currently the most advanced in the market and as such provides a great opportunity for the right person to launch or advance their career. This is a great chance to join a growing company and to learn how to sell cutting edge, niche software and to help the company with its ambition to build market dominance and make them the first point of reference in the market.
As the Software Sales Representative, your duties will be to:
- Help generate leads, act on existing leads and ensure that existing clients renew or upgrade to new releases of the software and are aware of other products available to them.
- Apply an understanding of sales methodology, processes, prospecting techniques while selling to new customers and existing accounts.
- For new business, a prospect with some guidance, follow up on qualified leads via solutions selling, negotiation and closing deals.
- Account expansion and retention activities include conducting customer account reviews, cross-selling into new areas, solutions selling, negotiation and closing.
- Meet or exceed targets and demonstrate continuous progress towards achieving account strategies with field counterparts.
- Set qualified appointments for the field counterparts with new and existing customers.
- Maintenance of the project schedules within the CRM system.
To be a successful Software Sales Representative you will have the following skills and experience:
- Interested or wants to learn about GIS (Geographical Information Services).
- Proficiency and ability to communicate effectively in presentations via telephone and computer with customers are required.
- Ability to identify new and existing opportunities through intermediate level consultative selling methodology.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Technical telesales experience in a changing dynamic environment.
- Experience with CRM and opportunity management systems.
- Experience with MS Office and internet.