Pensions Paraplanner - Open to flexible hours
We hold the right to close this advert before the stated closing date. Please apply at your earliest opportunity. Applications are being reviewed upon receipt.
Pensions Paraplanner with potential to progress to Team Leader / Junior Adviser - Open to flexible hours
Hours: Full-time but will consider part-time, flexible hours
FixMyPension.Com is an ambitious pension advisory firm with exciting plans to grow into a national financial services company. We are looking for a similarly ambitious Pensions Paraplanner who is eager to join a dynamic and expanding team at an early stage and make a difference. In return, FixMyPension.com is able to offer on-going training opportunities; flexible working and, for the right candidate, the potential to progress to a Team Leader or Advisory role.
We are looking to recruit a Pensions Paraplanner to provide full back office and administrative support to our IFAs to help take the business forward during an exciting period of growth. Based at our Head Office in Watford, contemporary, campus-style office at Croxley Business Park, you will be an integral part of our team. So, the successful candidate must be a team player, with a positive attitude, that takes full responsibility for their role.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creating documentation to support IFA recommendations, using data obtained by IFAs during client meetings;
- Checking the integrity of information supplied by existing product providers;
- Analysing appropriate data with research tools and producing solutions to meet client needs and objectives;
- Writing detailed suitability reports and helping IFAs design and deliver bespoke financial solutions for our clients;
- Managing renewals and annual portfolios;
- Recording details of research and preparing and maintaining client files on an on-going basis;
- Creating and maintaining accurate records on the back-office system for both new and existing policies;
- Ensuring compliance with all FCA compliance regulations;
- Providing administrative support to the IFAs on a daily basis.
- Taking a proactive approach to improving internal systems and processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Education and Experience
- Qualified in, or working towards the Diploma in Financial Services, G60 qualified or equivalent preferred;
- Knowledge of software websites, such as Selectapension; O&M; and Wrap platforms, such as TRANSACT;
- Knowledge of compliance issues;
- Highly IT literate with a good working knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Technical knowledge and expertise relating to financial products and services, processes, procedures and regulations in a financial planning environment including investments, pensions, protection and tax-planning;
- Significant track record of supporting Advisers by researching and preparing detailed pensions suitability reports;
- Ability to manage a busy workload and deliver high quality work to deadline;
- Experience of proactively improving internal systems and processes
- Planning & Organising: Sets clearly defined objectives; plans tasks in advance; manages time effectively
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations: Sets high standards for quality and quantity; works in a systematic, methodical way; consistently achieves tasks to deadline; demonstrates accountability
- Following instructions & Procedures: Appropriately follows instructions without unnecessarily challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation and complies with FCA obligations
- Analysing: Analyses numerical, verbal and other data and all other sources of information; breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; produces workable solutions to a range of problems; demonstrates an understanding of how an issue may be part of a larger problem
- Writing & Reporting: Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids unnecessary jargon or complicated language; writes in a well-structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs of the audience
- Presenting & Communicating Information: Speaks clearly and fluently; expresses key information clearly; responds quickly to the needs of the audience
- Deciding & Initiating: Takes initiative; takes responsibility for actions; acts with confidence and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunity; builds diverse teams
- Supporting & Co-operating: Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; adapts to the team and builds team spirit; listens, consults others and communicates proactively; supports and cares for others; develops and openly communicates self-insight.
To apply, please send your CV and, importantly, a covering letter explaining your interest in the role and how your experience would make you the ideal candidate via the below method.
FixMyPension.Com recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Every member of the team is important to the sound running of the Firm.
We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.