Senior Analytical Manager – Central Counterparties (CCPs) - full or part time
Our client is a financial services institution and they are seeking a senior level person with knowledge of supervision, markets, and/or the post trade environment to play a leading role in shaping the UK’s approach to CCP supervision. This person will be expected to act independently, apply analytical excellence and judgement, and be the recognised point of contact for and about the firm. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and implementation of the supervisory strategy for a CCP, which involves shaping the continuous assessment work programme and delivering a comprehensive annual risk assessment; identifying and maintaining up-to-date assessments of key risks and ensuring that the firms are prioritising and mitigating them effectively
- Leading and taking part in regular meetings with the firms’ senior management and Board members to assess their effectiveness; and carrying out “deep dives” into specific risk areas
- Developing and applying technical knowledge of risk management, central counterparty functions and associated regulations
- Working closely with risk experts to ensure appropriate due diligence for new or innovative clearing arrangements
- Managing and developing a team and determining their work priorities. Essential
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external parties, including influencing and dealing with challenging conversations with senior staff
- Good analytical skills and sound judgement, with the ability to make both quick and more considered assessments based on varied information sources
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex material in an accessible way
- The ability to work and act independently and prioritise a busy and varied workload without close supervision;
- A demonstrated ability to pick up and apply new areas of knowledge quickly.
- Previous experience in areas such as counterparty credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, governance or payments and settlement.
- Previous experience with development or implementation of a supervisory strategy for a financial institution.
- Previous experience relating to the post-trade environment and process or regulation of central counterparty clearing.
Salary: to £72K FTE basic plus bonus and benefits
Location: City of London
Flexibility: 4 or 5 days a week with occasional home-working