Part time ADMINISTRATOR/OFFICE MANAGER
3 days left
- Contract Type
ADMINISTRATOR / OFFICE MANAGER
Accountable to: the Owner / Manager
Hours: approx 32 hours a week (with some room for flexibility for the right person)
Salary: £26,000 to £28,000 (pro-rata) dependent on experience
Closing Date: midday on Wednesday 12th April
Interviews: week commencing 18th April
Start date: asap after 18th April
Successful applicants will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. Hollybush Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Hollybush Nursery is a warm, friendly and happy private nursery school with an excellent reputation in the local community and an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted report. We are seeking a member of a staff to join our nursery team who will provide an efficient and effective administrative service, ensuring the successful day to day running of the nursery. We are open all year round.
We value and celebrate the cultural diversity of our nursery community – both children and staff – and seek to promote equality of opportunity for all applicants.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To act as the initial point of contact for all enquiries, by telephone and by email, and to respond in a timely fashion to applications to the nursery, booking appointments and follow up paperwork as required for new and departing children; to organise the waiting list and admissions process
- Regularly evaluate and revise all nursery documentation, including staff contracts, recruitment and appraisals; oversee staff CPD and ensure that mandatory courses are all up-to-date
- To respond to requests from staff and parents alike, and liaise with primary schools for transition visits, and with other outside agencies and childcare professionals
- Maintain accurate database records of children & staff (including the nursery’s Single Central Record) and to complete local authority annual census, audit and other monitoring programmes as and when required
- Attend and minute staff meetings and manage the nursery diary
- To maintain and where necessary develop IT and paper based systems to ensure the effective handling of children’s fees, applications and general finances. Keep regular, accurate reconciled accounts (Excel), and prepare for annual audit (by external auditor); to communicate staff payroll details to external accountant
- To assist in the preparation and distribution of information, publicity and associated forms related to the nursery, including the nursery’s prospectus, monthly newsletter, policies and agreements and any other general correspondence or ‘in house’ notice
- Procurement, in conjunction with the manager: renew & source optimum price and service for all expenses; to help ensure that the nursery makes the best possible use of the resources available
- At least 2 years’ experience in a senior administrative role (preferably in schools)
- Strong IT skills, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
- Dynamic, self-motivated, flexible and friendly with a “can do” attitude to all tasks, and the ability to problem solve and seek advice and support where appropriate
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of the importance and need for confidentiality in all areas of the job
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, and the ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm and positive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, diplomatically, and confidentially with all members of the nursery community, with the capacity and willingness to develop positive, supportive relationships with colleagues, children and parents
- Excellent numeracy skills, with the ability to deal with some quite complex calculations regarding the Early Years Funding Grant
Please send your CV and a Supporting Statement by applying below giving us examples of how you meet all of the short-listing criteria set out in the Person Specification (max. 2 pages), drawing on all aspects of your education and experience, including employment and unpaid work.
We regret only successful candidates will be contacted for shortlisting.
Apply for Part time ADMINISTRATOR/OFFICE MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly