Deloitte Return to Work Programme 2017 - Tax, Global Employer Services - Associate Director
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Return to Work Programme – September 2017 - Open to flexibility
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a voluntary career break of two year or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer our clients and business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to readapt and get your career back on track.
The programme aims to encourage women back into the workplace, but is open to all. Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from group induction sessions, mentoring and project experience, and the chance to work within one of our service lines. At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to convert to a permanent role at Deloitte. This is your opportunity to join our Tax practice as part of the Return to Work programme.
Our clients are faced with a continually changing economic landscape and the increasingly complex regulatory environment. They are tasked with attracting, retaining and engaging global talent through impactful processes, policies and practices. Our Mobility tax team cover a wide ranging area of expertise, including Global Compensation Management, Immigration, Social Security Transformation, Technology & Transformation and Global Mobility Transformation. To reach beyond traditional markets and drive differential growth, companies increasingly need the ability to deploy talent across geographical borders more flexibly, effectively and efficiently than ever before.
Deloitte works with an extensive range of high-profile, multi-national clients providing integrated, strategic and innovative solutions to assist clients with these issues and requirements. Our experience enables us to advise and help clients with specific issues, as well as offering end-to-end solutions including the design and implementation of key strategies to address the clients' needs of their internationally mobile workforce. Join Deloitte's market-leading mobility team and apply your tax experience in a genuinely varied role. This opportunity can offer you a stimulating blend of technical and advisory work, allowing you to focus on an impressive range of cross sector clients. You'll become part of an established and profitable practice, with the support and leadership of a dedicated partner group.
Associate Directors own a portfolio of clients, steer client services and deliver innovative solutions by bringing together multi-disciplinary teams to tackle some of our most complex client challenges. As an Associate Director you will develop relationships with your clients, actively contribute to the eminence of our practice by external knowledge sharing and invest time in business development.
You will be a role model to others and participate in an inclusive environment of team working where team members feel supported. You will also be supported in deepening your own technical specialism, widening your cross service line and industry or market knowledge, and continuing to develop your skills.
Opportunities are available in our London and Regional offices (UK mainland). Opportunities may be available to work in an agile way which could include working from home when not required in the office or on client site. Please note: if your base location is outside of London, you will be required to travel to London in the first two weeks of the programme for the firmwide induction and other training sessions. You may also be required to travel to London for other group sessions during the 20 week programme.
Fixed term contract for 20 weeks on a part time basis (80% or 4 days a week).
An Associate Director will have responsibility for:
- Advising and guiding clients on structuring and planning international assignments and assuming real ownership of your client relationships, working directly with Partners on some client engagements in order to fully service their needs
- Taking a lead role in the management of our main tax clients by getting involved in wider mobility structuring and remuneration advisory projects
- A key role in marketing initiatives, identifying potential business development opportunities, as well as the management of existing client relationships
- Developing new ideas and processes to aid the development of our business
- Working to drive efficiencies within our compliance model
- Being involved in providing both technical advice and compliance services to your clients on mobility issues
- Working with senior management on the development of technical solutions
- Helping to build the wider practice by mentoring less experienced people in your division, and playing a key role in the development of new business.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To be eligible for the programme, you must have:
- Taken a voluntary career break of two years or more
- An interest in returning to work permanently
- Five or more years’ experience within professional services or industry
- The right to work in the UK
- Be available to start on 18 September 2017 and be able to commit to the duration of the programme.
To qualify for this role you must also have:
- Experience in the area of Global Compensation Management, Immigration, Social Security Transformation, Technology & Transformation and Global Mobility Transformation taxes ideally gained from a professional services environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with and provide a range of solutions to clients
- Willingness to learn and deal with new ideas and technical areas
- Commercial awareness
- Able to produce high quality, client facing, technically accurate, well written work
- Ideally experience of planning and implementing salary sacrifice arrangements
- ACCA / ACA / ATII / ATT qualified or equivalent qualification or equivalent legal background
You are here: Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte? We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society. Join us and be a part of our success.
What do we do? Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value? At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.