Return to Work Programme 2017 - Tax, Global Employer Services, Reward - Associate Director
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Return to Work Programme – September 2017 - Open to flexibility
Our Return to Work programme is open to anyone who’s taken a voluntary career break of two year or more. It’s designed to refresh your knowledge and skills, and boost your workplace confidence. Whatever you’ve been up to, we know it will have enriched who you are and what you can offer our clients and business. This is about giving you the time and support you need to readapt and get your career back on track.
The programme aims to encourage women back into the workplace, but is open to all. Over the course of the programme, you’ll benefit from group induction sessions, mentoring and project experience, and the chance to work within one of our service lines. At the end of the programme you may have the opportunity to convert to a permanent role at Deloitte. This is your opportunity to join our Tax practice as part of the Return to Work programme.
Employment-related costs, regulatory compliance, and identifying the most effective ways to attract, motivate and retain the best people are all key issues for companies. It’s never been more vital for the UK’s leading businesses (in every industry) to take the right advice and make the right decisions about Executive Compensation. We’re working with more and more businesses to address the ongoing challenge of attracting and retaining top talent, whilst driving down costs and navigating the complexities of a global workforce. The Deloitte Reward Practice includes teams focusing on:
- Executive Compensation – design and strategy of Executive Remuneration & RemCo
- Financial Services Executive Compensation – Executive Remuneration within the Financial Services industry, and Regulatory Reward (inc. CRDIV, UCITS, AIFMD, Solvency II).
- Share Schemes – Long Term Incentive Plans, from either a Tax or a Legal standing.
- Specialist Reward – advising on the tax impact of Reward strategy, with a focus on Fund or M&A challenges.
From insight through to implementation, we continue to build our reputation for understanding our client’s needs, today and tomorrow. They come to us because we have a reputation for quality, innovation and because we hire and retain the best people. We innovate with purpose, translating leading edge ideas into industry-leading solutions.
Our perspective and action helps our clients to anticipate and overcome their challenges. Even those yet to arise. By joining our leading team you will benefit from unparalleled client exposure, learning from top practitioners in their field. You will be exposed to a challenging and ever-changing environment, and involved in complex and diverse work with organisations of all sizes across all industries including financial services.
Deloitte has a longstanding reputation of expertise in the field of executive compensation, built up over many years of advising a wide range of UK and global companies. We are offering a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating environment, with an exceptional team, advising a prestigious client portfolio. This successful and expanding team is experiencing growth even in the current challenging environment. We will provide you with the tools to reach your full potential and beyond, with no barriers. Achieve your aspirations by working with the best in the market
Opportunities are available in our London and Regional offices (UK mainland). Opportunities may be available to work in an agile way which could include working from home when not required in the office or on client site. Please note: if your base location is outside of London, you will be required to travel to London in the first two weeks of the programme for the firmwide induction and other training sessions. You may also be required to travel to London for other group sessions during the 20 week programme.
Fixed term contract for 20* weeks on a part time basis (80% or 4 days a week) *NB for some roles this will be extended to 25 weeks due to project duration.
an Associate Director you will working in our Executive Compensation Consulting group, you will be providing advice to clients in the following areas:
- Designing executive pay strategies - linking pay to corporate performance.
- Executive and non-executive director pay benchmarking.
- Advising on performance measures for incentive plans and modelling performance outcomes.
- Corporate governance consulting.
- Investor relations consulting, including liaison with institutional investors.
- Preparation of remuneration committee papers, and reviewing and drafting of remuneration committee reports.
- The role of an Associate Director offer a wide variety of work, enabling you to gain real breadth and depth to your skills; coupled with a transparent and structured career path with unlimited scope for progression.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Developing strong day to day relationships with your clients, who will call upon your deep technical expertise to help them develop appropriate, effective executive remuneration strategies.
- Providing exceptional client service, you will have a responsibility to manage and develop more junior talent within the team, and become involved in management of the practice.
To be eligible for the programme, you must have:
- Taken a voluntary career break of two years or more
- An interest in returning to work permanently
- Five or more years’ experience within professional services or industry
- The right to work in the UK
- Be available to start on 18 September 2017 and be able to commit to the duration of the programme
To qualify for this role you must also have:
- Relevant experience within professional services or industry
- Extensive experience within at least one of the key disciplines; Executive Compensation, Financial Services Remuneration, Share Schemes (Tax or Legal).
- Proven track record in the market, including the ability to build own portfolio of clients
- Ability to effectively communicate with and provide a range of solutions to clients, without supervision
- Willingness to learn and deal with new ideas and technical areas
- Commercial awareness
- Able to produce high quality, client facing, technically accurate, well written work
- Ideally experience of planning and implementing salary sacrifice arrangements
- Ideally one of the following qualifications ACCA/ACA/ATII/ATT or equivalent legal background
You are here: Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte? We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society. Join us and be a part of our success.
What do we do? Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value? At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.